Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MOST FAMOUS PERSON.

Bill, thanks for your post.
I found this quite interesting! I actually met Kim Novak (somewhere around 1962, I believe) as she was filming Bell Book and Candle in Hollywood. Didn't get to see Jack Lemmon. I was at NavFac SNI at the time.
I also met Gregory Peck and Debbie Reynolds - many, many years ago, here in the Adirondack Mountains of NY, my home.

Bob Beauchamps was NOT famous lol. But I roomed with him off base in NavFac Antigua. Bob was a Radioman. Bob hailed from Bodega Bay, CA His claim to fame was that he was in the Hitchcock movie "The Birds" Said he had to run down the hill waving his arms like birds were attacking him. He was also in the scene where the birds started assembling around the children in the playground.

Years later, I got to meet Jon Voight and Angelina Jolie. My wife and I went to a Christmas party a couple from my church were having and as we arrived, John and Angelina (she was about 5 years old...she and the host couples son used to play together in Montvale, NJ) They were in the lobby getting ready to leave. A quick intro and shorter discussion later and Jon said he had just finished filming "Deliverance". Nice guy.

I was the bodyguard for Pat Moria (Karate Kid movie) when I was in Hawaii working for GEGS back in 1988. They were doing a roast at the Hilton in Honolulu.

Visits: