Return to Website

Canadian Bank Rant Forum

Note: As of May 31, 2008, the forum is now a read-only archive.

Click here for the Compass Rose archive.

Click here for the POTC Interactive Project's homepage.

Canadian Bank Rant Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DAR

I'm wondering...is anyone on here a Daughter of the American Revolution? I am...is anyone active in a chapter?

Re: DAR

i am through mother, who is a member of the UDC, the local Genealogical Society, and the DAR. i don't think she is actually a member yet, but we work with the local chapter quite a bit. i have done a couple of programs on the Seminole of Florida for the DAR.

Re: Re: DAR

I'm assuming you need to trace your geneology back to the Revolution? I can trace mine back to the Mexican Revolution. Does that count?

Just kiddin' with ya - though not quite actually kidding if you get me drift. Always wished I could trace my family tree to American History, but my mom's side only came to the U.S. from Mexico and Italy with my grandparents and my dad's adopted and I've never taken the time to trace his line back.

Re: Re: Re: DAR

I have the bloodline, and know that my great times whatever fought in the Rev. War, but ah, well, we don't know for certain which side he fought for. LOL

Can you see the DAR if I applied and they found that Abraham Sprague was actually a loyalist.

Re: Re: Re: Re: DAR

mother has taken her side of the family back about 7 or 8 generations, all here in the same area of Florida. dad's family goes back just as far here in Florida. our ancestors were some of the first in the state. (counting the American Indian ancestors, we WERE the first in the state!)

i can't remember if mom has got us back that far, yet...

and Alyx, i believe that it is still possible to be a member...don't know for sure, though. that it was happens often when you research your family history. you find things you would never have thought would be there! (not always a bad thing) keep searching!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DAR

Before my grandma passed on, she made sure all us kids had our paperwork and certificates...I've just never lived near an active chapter..Glendora is close, but they never answer their phone or return calls...hmm...sounds like me! I just wanted to check it out to see if I'd like to work with them...I forgot tho, that they have a reputation of being rather "stuffy"...who knows? Maybe they'll enjoy a little pirate flair!