Return to Website

Canadian Bank Rant Forum

Note: As of May 31, 2008, the forum is now a read-only archive.

Click here for the Compass Rose archive.

Click here for the POTC Interactive Project's homepage.

Canadian Bank Rant Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ahoy!

Like any Pirate worth her salt, I stay one step ahead of whomever -- or whatever -- might be chasing me !

Last July, we left the land-locked, wind-twisted Midwest (Eastern Kansas) & returned to our home port of Alexandria, VA. I traded the Missouri River for the Potomac, but aye, the beloved sea is but a narrow stretch to the East, & rest comes easier knowing that.

My two lads (11 & 13) are now fine, strapping young Pirates, straight & tall, broad of shoulder & long of limb, easy in their stride & full of **** & vinegar to boot. I'd fear a Mutiny if their father & I weren't such fearsome Pirates ourselves!

My life's mate continues his service to our great nation, battling the vast & evil bureaucracy that threatens every forward motion, in an unheralded effort to secure enough treasure to train, arm & mobilize Guard & Reserve soldiers for hazardous duty in foreign lands.

I remain a proud & defiant Galley Slave, bolstered by frequent forays into such strange & dangerous places as: The PTA, The Officer's Wives Club, The Garden Club, lunch/museums/films/shows/shopping w/fellow wily scullery wenches. What a sight we are, marauding through the streets of our nation's capital, in broad daylight! And this day, I am charting a treacherous new course for . . . Graduate School, shudder.

I hope this missive finds all my mates well & hearty, & forgiving of my long absence. There is no place on green earth or wild blue water that fits my feet like the deck of this ship. From where I stand, I send you all love.

Yours, & ever faithful,

Kate the Elder

Ahoy, Kate!

Good t'hear from ya, mate!

Seems we're all caught up in the tangled seaweed of life lately. I, for one, am faced with some choices that are totally baffling me rum-soaked brain. Eventually, I know, I'll receive some sort of answer as to what to do - or suffer the consequences for makin' the wrong choice - but in the meantime, I'm stayin' the course and keepin' a weather eye on the horizon!

Ah! A missin' mate returns!

Tis good to hear from ye Kate. But beware of the younger of yer pirate crew. At 11 and 13, they just be learnin' the meaning of trouble. LOL

Re: Ah! A missin' mate returns!

Hello Kate!! Glad you stopped in to let us know what you've been up to. Sounds like you have your hands full. Pop in when you can!!

Re: Ahoy!

Hey, Kate! Welcome back!