Return to Website

Canadian Bank Rant Forum

Note: As of May 31, 2008, the forum is now a read-only archive.

Click here for the Compass Rose archive.

Click here for the POTC Interactive Project's homepage.

Canadian Bank Rant Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This is not goodbye!

I just want to thank you all for being here for me for the past 4 years. Laura and Neo, I have taken this forum, always being here, for granted and I never realized how much it took to keep it going. I'm sorry. You two have created more than you will ever realize!! Thank you!

I wasn't here for the very beginning. It was a year later that I took my kids to the movie theater at the IP in Biloxi and saw a poster that said POTC Interactive and there was a website. I had been a member of JDZ for a year and was suprised that I didn't know about this.

My "initiation" came at a rather rocky time for POTCIP, to say the least. I was confused and torn, but after a lot of soul searching, I made the right decision, the ONLY decision. Thanks to Laura, MLML, Savvvy, and Jansy. I haven't looked back and haven't wanted or needed to.

I didn't realize how much I need this place. Some days I think, "I'm not even gonna turn on my computer today. I've got to get things done around here." THAT doesn't last long. I just can't stay away! When I have to go out of town or if the internet is down it just kills me to not know what is going on with you. People who don't have THIS don't understand. Even though we can't SEE each other everyday, we have what many people will never have.

You have gotten me through so much. You're letters, gifts of great generosity, and phone calls (Nancy, your voice was like an angel) after Katrina helped me more than words can say. Now THAT was a long time to be away from you. My internet was out from Sept through November!! AAAAACCCCKKK!!!!

You were all so very helpful with my decision about Annie. I don't know if I could have made it through without your wonderful, caring, thoughtful words of wisdom. Thank you.

There is so much more, but I really can't top what you've already said. (and I wouldn't want to write more than Red!! Ha!) We WILL stay together!

Thank you again, Laura and Neo. I hope you will be able to join us on our new ship, even if only once in a while.

I'm not saying goodbye. I love you all and will SEE you very soon.

Scally

Re: This is not goodbye!

Oh, Scally, now I am crying again

Re: Re: This is not goodbye!

Me, too!!!!!!!

Location: Sinking into the black oblivion of Davy Jones\' Locker

Re: Re: Re: This is not goodbye!

Me tooo!!!! I remember how totally RELIEVED I was to finally get you on the phone!!! We were all so worried and I had been calling for days and days!!!
And then I had that experience on the Clay Aiken site... that was surreal... but I came to LOVE YOUR MOM through that too!!

Scally -

You remind me of the tremendous kindness and understanding and words of encouragement the crew gave me - and Fran (Tugger) - after Hurricane Katrina swept through our lives. And I forgot to mention that wonderful support in my earlier post.

Just having this place to go and have a few laughs - or shed some tears with another mate - has been one of the best things to happen to me in the past few years.

This is DEFINITELY not goodbye - just closing one door - and opening a new window!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: This is not goodbye!

I have been trying to compose a farewell message but it just makes me cry...... this has been the only place where i can post anything and am not told off or made to feel stupid. Many thanks to Laura and her JDOCD list - she saved me from cracking up completely and thank you so much to Neo and Laura for everything you have done over these years. I sometimes feel all alone in the middle of England with my JDOCD - it has been great to just have somewhere to go to know that there are others in the world who are absolutely daft like me & Jack!!

Remember the Gerbil who fell in my tea? Remember the day Helen, Captain Starling, Black Su & Emzi got autographs in London. Remember our wonderful Pirate Weekend organised by Helen and all the lovely messages you sent for my 50th Birthday - I shall treasure them forever along with all the Christmas Cards, Magazines and everything you all have ever sent me. Remember the Badgers!!

Thank you for all the Prayers, lovely thoughts, fun, laughter, games, pictures (specially of our Captain!!)

I will wear the Turtle necklace all this week in honour of you all!! Hoist The Colours Shipmates!!! Whatever happens we will never forget you all....

Lots & Lots of Love

Shazy, Emzi & Will Turnups xxx

It's not goodbye!!!!!!!!!!

No, it's time for the SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!

The Faithful Bride will never end up in Davy Jones' Locker!