French Family Forum

For the Discussion of the French Surname DNA Project and French Family Geneaology.

French Family Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
French Forum

Hi All!

Please post your comments, questions or ideas in this forum.

Thanks!

David

Re: French Forum

Please explain what your doing? I would be glad to take part in what your doing. Most of my family comes from Westville, Florida

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi All!

Thanks!

David

Re: DNA Testing

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your interest in the French DNA project. We are testing males who have the French last name to see if there may be a genetic relationship between them.

We are using the Y-Chromosome DNA test for this purpose because the DNA that passes from father to son, generation after generation changes very little over time.

By comparing the results of everyone's test, we may be able to tell if they have an ancestor in common.

We see the genetic testing as an additional tool in our genealogy research. The test will not pinpoint a specific ancestor, but if there is a match with someone unknown to you if may aid in your regular genealogy research.

I trust I have explained it ok. This is a new subject for me and I am learning with everyone else.

Please download the information packet from the first page and it will explain it in futher detail.

Feel free to ask any questions and one of us will do our best to answer you.

David

Replying to:

Please explain what your doing? I would be glad to take part in what your doing. Most of my family comes from Westville, Florida

Replying to:

Hi All!

Thanks!

David

Re: French Forum

Hi; I'm a direct descendent of Thomas French of Ipswich,Ma.(1631)would like to know more about the DNA project. I have my family tree on FTW and am willing to share any info I have. Have never had any luck establishing contact with "The French Family Assoc., although I did exchange a lot of information with Jim French who is a member. Any help would be appreciated. Ken French

Replying to:

Hi All!

Thanks!

David

Re: Re: French Forum

Hi Ken,

Thank you for sharing your family info.

You may acess all the details about the French DNA Project on the main page at the bottom. There is a link to download the PDF that contains all the information.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

David