French Family Forum

For the Discussion of the French Surname DNA Project and French Family Geneaology.

French Family Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
French Genealogy Redu

Permit me to include my standard plea for any and all assistance from any and all quarters:

My name is William C. French. I am trying to update a French Family Genealogy last published in

1940 by my great uncle Mansfield Joseph French. (“Ancestors and Descendants of Samuel French,

The Joiner of Stratford, Connecticut”). The 2nd edition sources were well documented by my great

uncle in papers left at the Onondaga Historical Association in Syracuse, NY. I visited there in June,

2002, and scanned some of his information, but barely scratched the surface. There are six boxes of

mostly genealogical notes and memorabilia. I updated the index to the materials and hope to at least

finish updating a thorough index this June, 2003. Some day I may have the entirety scanned. If you or any

member of your family can assist me with any information about your family’s heritage as it

connects with the French family, I would be most appreciative.

I transcribed the genealogy into the LDS Personal Ancestry File Program and add new information

and material as found. I hope to eventually create a new edition, perhaps an electronic one. To that

end I am continually soliciting any and all corrections to the existing information, updated

information from all limbs of our tree and hope to expand the genealogy adding biographical

histories of members and as many photos and images as can fit in.(Presently I have just over 8K

names and the entire file containing the family tree is just over6 megabytes. 'New’ relatives are

being constantly ‘found’ over the internet and otherwise. Many of these relatives updated their

respective lines information as well as provided photos and source documents. I particularly wish

to include as many actual source documents as possible. These include photos and/or photocopies

(or digital images) of official documents, (ie: birth, death certificates, deeds, letters). All this

information is entered with the respective family member’s individual entry.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you are ready, willing and able to provide.

Bill French

908 Town & Country Blvd., Ste 230

Houston TX 77024

713-365-9009

fax 713-365-0005

wcfrench@compuserve.com

William C (Bill) French > Alexander W French> Arthur Huntley French> Joshua Mansfield

French> Rev Mansfield French> Joshua French> Samuel French4> Samuel French 3rd> Samuel

2nd The Joiner> Samuel French> Rev Jeremiah French> Thomas French> Robert French> Thomas

French> William French> William French (b: abt 1450)

Re: French Genealogy Redu

Bill; I'm sorry we are from different lines, comparing would have been fun. If anyone of my line comes your way (jacob 1553 - 1615) please pass them along. Regards. Ken

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Permit me to include my standard plea for any and all assistance from any and all quarters:

My name is William C. French. I am trying to update a French Family Genealogy last published in

1940 by my great uncle Mansfield Joseph French. (“Ancestors and Descendants of Samuel French,

The Joiner of Stratford, Connecticut”). The 2nd edition sources were well documented by my great

uncle in papers left at the Onondaga Historical Association in Syracuse, NY. I visited there in June,

2002, and scanned some of his information, but barely scratched the surface. There are six boxes of

mostly genealogical notes and memorabilia. I updated the index to the materials and hope to at least

finish updating a thorough index this June, 2003. Some day I may have the entirety scanned. If you or any

member of your family can assist me with any information about your family’s heritage as it

connects with the French family, I would be most appreciative.

I transcribed the genealogy into the LDS Personal Ancestry File Program and add new information

and material as found. I hope to eventually create a new edition, perhaps an electronic one. To that

end I am continually soliciting any and all corrections to the existing information, updated

information from all limbs of our tree and hope to expand the genealogy adding biographical

histories of members and as many photos and images as can fit in.(Presently I have just over 8K

names and the entire file containing the family tree is just over6 megabytes. 'New’ relatives are

being constantly ‘found’ over the internet and otherwise. Many of these relatives updated their

respective lines information as well as provided photos and source documents. I particularly wish

to include as many actual source documents as possible. These include photos and/or photocopies

(or digital images) of official documents, (ie: birth, death certificates, deeds, letters). All this

information is entered with the respective family member’s individual entry.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you are ready, willing and able to provide.

Bill French

908 Town & Country Blvd., Ste 230

Houston TX 77024

713-365-9009

fax 713-365-0005

wcfrench@compuserve.com

William C (Bill) French > Alexander W French> Arthur Huntley French> Joshua Mansfield

French> Rev Mansfield French> Joshua French> Samuel French4> Samuel French 3rd> Samuel

2nd The Joiner> Samuel French> Rev Jeremiah French> Thomas French> Robert French> Thomas

French> William French> William French (b: abt 1450)