7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
a
AROX
2 start rotation question for jimi - he loves this stuff :-)
hey jimi - I've got a great question for the Commish :-) Probably things will change by the rotation selection time, but this is an interesting rules question. At present time for week 2, I have 2 SP's going on monday and 3 going on tuesday. Only 2 of that group...
Views: 99   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 10, 2009 5:33pm
by OGBL Commish
e
Earl
Weird---Jimi, didn't know you had been here that long!
Wow, this new forum does some weird stuff. If you click on board style up top, and look at the Fast Start-Slow Start topic, then look to the far right side. It shows the last post. It is showing that the last post, I assume it means Jimi, since he started the...
Views: 83   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 9, 2009 11:07am
by Earl
Fast Start - Slow Start
Your team could be off to a great start or it could be starting off slow. Either way, you might want to remember that this week is only 3 games of our 84 game regular season schedule.
Views: 87   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 8, 2009 3:27pm
by OGBL Commish
e
Earl
Opening Day
I went to opening day to watch the Rangers. Has to be the coldest I've ever been at a game! Temp was in the upper 40's, with strong winds. Add to that I was sitting in the shade under an overhang, and it was pretty chilly. Now I know why I see people sitting w...
Views: 93   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 7, 2009 4:35pm
by MinuteMen
What's Going On??
I didn't do anything to change our forum layout. I'm not sure what happened here? I'll check into it.
Views: 120   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 7, 2009 2:43pm
by Jester
a
AROXX
Tied with Brian for the league lead
with 3 players each, we are tied for the DL lead. LOL With Chipper and Helton on my team, I'm sure I will prevail in the end
Views: 76   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 7, 2009 5:32am
by Barry
a
AROXX
It's me again, Jimi
could u explain the waiver wire process again. I didn't think I was last in the pecking order this week, since You and Ron had the last two claims. I must be missing something again. sorry
Views: 98   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 6, 2009 8:45am
by OGBL Commish
a
AROXX
Views: 89   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 6, 2009 7:20am
by AROXX
It's Here
I hope you all are ready. Lineups are due before 8:00 ET. Good Luck to all of you, Let's have our best season yet!
Views: 89   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2009 3:15pm
by OGBL Commish
Final Day For Pre-Season Moves
For those who still have a pre-season move to use (Natives and Patriots), the deadline is tonight at 11:59 ET. No moves allowed on Sunday, April 5th. The waiver wire reopens on Monday morning for all teams.
Views: 85   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 4, 2009 1:32pm
by Bob Oberlin
j
Jester
Ray: You asked about a Chat Room earlier...
Go to your CBS team page.. Click on live scoring. At the bottom of the page is a private chat room for our league only provide by CBS.
Views: 90   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 4, 2009 9:45am
by Jimi
j
Jester
Arm Chair Manager - Your Teams Pitching Rotation?
How would you set your teams pitching rotation for the first week of the season? Air Force 1 1. Johan Santana - Opening the season with a Lefty. 16 Wins with 206 K's last seasons. A true Ace. 2. Derek Lowe - I come back with a Righty here off a 14 win seaso...
Views: 81   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 4, 2009 8:28am
by AROXX
j
Jester
Arm Chair Manager - Your Teams Hitting Lineup?
Whats a Manager to do here? General Manager drafted me team full of Righties. Anyway: 1. Jason Werth (RF)- Leadoff goes to to guy with the OBP .3631 and 20 SB. Runner on base. 2. Russell Martin (C) - Also, showed decent speed last year with 18 SBs and can alw...
Views: 82   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 4, 2009 6:37am
by Jester
b
Barry
DL question
If a player, Mauer, is now on MLB DL, does that do me any good? I already did my one waiver wire as a drop.
Views: 96   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 4, 2009 12:13am
by Earl
Extra 2X starts
How to get rid of two 2X starts?? Thinking with the weather concerns, maybe one way is to see who's schedule is "safe" from wash outs (or snow outs in the case of Cleveland). 1. I have Bedard. Totally safe for weather in Minn and at Oakland. 2. Buehrle. Probably s...
Views: 85   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 3, 2009 4:30pm
by Jester
2-Start , Probable SP List
It's now available on our CBS League Home. You can find it listed under "Stats".
Views: 94   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 2, 2009 6:54pm
by Jester
b
Barry
Backup for Mauer
I see my one big waiver claim went through. If I have to play Inge more than a week or two I'm in trouble.
Views: 88   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 2, 2009 3:25pm
by Jimi
a
AROXX
Chat room?
hey Jimi - is there a way to create a chat room like they had on the couch manager draft page. I'd love to be able to bs with u guys on a nightly basis.
Views: 103   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 1, 2009 4:16pm
by Jimi
8 Day Week
When going to your team on the CBS League Home, please beware that the schedule they're showing does NOT show Sunday, April 12th. It's only designed for seven days. So when looking for 2X SPs, remember that alot of them will be getting that 2nd start on the 12th.
Views: 87   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2009 4:05pm
by OGBL Commish
t
TED
Yankee Trivia X 2
Who was the only Yankee to be named Rookie of the Year in the 1980s? Question #2 Who was the 1st Yankee OF to win a Gold Glove?Hint:it wasn't Jackson.
Views: 77   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 1, 2009 3:50pm
by Jimi
Add/Drops - Waiver Wire
The Waiver Wire has been turned on. You are allowed one pre-season roster move. You can now put in a waiver claim with the first results coming out on Wednesday night (Actually Thursday morning between 1:00 and 2:00 AM ET). If you need more info go to the Add/Drop l...
Views: 101   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 30, 2009 7:54pm
by OGBL Commish
j
Jimi
Just One Week Away
That's all there is, just 7 more days until Opening Night.
Views: 85   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 29, 2009 7:37pm
by Jester
Trouble
Just when I thought I was ready to roll, FANTISTICS comes out with five doubles for the Natives in the first week. I will be digging out of a hole early.
Views: 83   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 29, 2009 7:21pm
by Jimi
May 30, 2008
The only pitch thrown in the 8th inning by Giants reliever Keiich Yaabu is a ground-ball triple play. Jimi, at the time, was asleep on the couch.
Views: 70   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 29, 2009 8:50am
by Jimi
believe it, or not
Dave Stieb is the only guy to have lost a no-hitter with two outs in the ninth three times, and two of those were perfect games at the time.
Views: 86   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 29, 2009 8:11am
by TwinRox
t
Ted
White Division Poll
I am serving notice that I am taking this poll personally but as I only rec'd 1 vote & it was mine,I will have to prove it on the field.Can't wait for Opening day.I guess I'm a 10-1 underdog.
Views: 90   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 28, 2009 11:29am
by Bob Oberlin
t
Ted
Yankee Trivia
What player had his #1 uniform retired?
Views: 64   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 26, 2009 8:11pm
by TED
j
Jester
Ted: Babe Ruth pitched for the Yanks in 1920, 1921, 1930 and 1933...
Babe pitched in a grand total of 5 games, 31 innings and won all 5 games...
Views: 81   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 26, 2009 2:43pm
by Jester
OGBL Rosters
All owners are reminded to look their rosters over to make sure that they will be able to field a complete lineup for week #1. You will have the one pre-season move to help you fill a position if needed. Most likely you won't be able to use the DL until week #1 as m...
Views: 91   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 23, 2009 8:31pm
by Jimi
NON Baseball Trivia
In a one time only non baseball question (hope it is OK Jimi). Can anyone tell me what state of the union has the most teams in the NCAA hoops tourny? (hint .. it is not California or New Jersey)
Views: 97   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 23, 2009 9:48am
by Bob Oberlin
t
Ted
Yankee Trivia +
Which Yankee player was nicknamed "The Chairman of the Board"?Now that you got that one here is a fact that I've turned into a tougher trivia question.Who was the 1st Yankee pitcher to appear in over 50 games?
Views: 92   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 22, 2009 9:43pm
by Ted
j
Jimi
Go USA!!
It's do or die time tonight.
Views: 88   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 22, 2009 8:39pm
by Jimi
t
Ted
Yankee Trivia a can't miss
Who had his uniform #7 retired by the Yanks.
Views: 88   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 19, 2009 5:33pm
by Ted
x
X-RAY
Talkin Smack aka Why my team is the best :-)
Just checking out the CBS stats pages and noticed that MY team has the league's best overall batting average (.285), on base percentage (.371) and slugging percentage (.485). Then took a peek at the SP projections and saw that MY team was the only team with 7 starter...
Views: 92   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 18, 2009 9:32pm
by Ted
t
TED
Yankees Trivia
Which pitcher won the most games for the Yanks during the decade of the 1970s?
Views: 94   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 18, 2009 9:17pm
by Ted
j
Jimi
USA In A Thiller!
What a game and what a comeback! Go USA!
Views: 63   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 18, 2009 4:05am
by Jester
Cleveland Indians Trivia
Who has the highest lifetime OPS as a Cleveland Indian?
Views: 100   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 17, 2009 10:18pm
by Ted
b
Barry
Two fer ...
Being to look like best two nats are both named Zimmmerman.
Views: 74   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2009 10:00am
by Barry
top ten reasons to watch the World Baseball Classic
Top Ten Reasons To Watch The World Baseball Classic "Due to the economic crisis, we all have to share the same pair of pants" "Japan has one of them crazy robot shortstops" "Because it's an international event, our right fielder...
Views: 86   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 16, 2009 3:03pm
by Jester
Cleveland Indians Trivia
Who is the only Indian to ever bat over 400 in a full season? (hint.. he is NOT in the Hall of Fame)
Views: 80   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 15, 2009 7:42pm
by TED
t
TED
yankee Trivia another easy one
What was Babe Ruth's given name?
Views: 85   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 15, 2009 7:37pm
by TED
h
Heroes
Could be benching starters early
So we are 3 weeks from the season opener and the Northern parts of Seattle got 7 inches of snow yesterday. I only got 2 but I've got to think even best-laid plans for your starting lineup will have more to do with the weather than anything else for the first 2 weeks...
Views: 80   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 12, 2009 7:19pm
by Jester
b
Barry
That first pick ...
I'm liking less and less my picking Mauer. He was recovering well from a kidney operation. What is with this unexplainable lower back problem? It is all Kelly's fault, if he picked Webb like he was supposed to I would have picked Longoria!
Views: 94   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 12, 2009 7:16pm
by Jester
t
TED
Yankee Trivia
Who was the 1st modern free agent signed who was not a pitcher?
Views: 78   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 12, 2009 7:09pm
by Jimi
t
TED
Yankee Trivia an easy one finally
Which P holds the record for most Ks in a single game?
Views: 94   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 12, 2009 6:42am
by Bob Oberlin
j
Jimi
David and Goliath Part II
When the Netherlands beat the Dominican Republic 3-2 in the WBC this past weekend it was considered one of the biggest upsets of all time. Well, lightning can strike twice in the same place. Just tonight, the Netherlands have knocked the Dominicans from the tournamen...
Views: 92   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 11, 2009 6:19pm
by Jose
x
X-RAY
Justin Upton
I was just doing a little more research on the players that i ended up with this year. if any of u have the time, u got to check out Upton's home /away splits for last year. Amazing
Views: 89   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 10, 2009 6:39am
by Bob Oberlin
OGBL Draft - Positions Drafted
Here's the position breakdown. C - 19 1B- 24 2B- 23 3B- 22 SS- 20 OF- 69 DH- 3 SP- 107 RP- 13
Views: 108   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 9, 2009 9:55pm
by Jimi
j
Jimi
OGBL Owner B-Day
I want to wish a Happy Birthday to Ted, although I am a day late in doing so. Truth is I forgot what day of the month it was, I thought today was the 7th. So now it's a Happy Belated Birthday Ted
Views: 92   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 9, 2009 8:35pm
by TED
Stick your Foot in your Mouth
OK guys, lets all make the mistake a few days after draft of telling the world (well ok nine other nice people) of what seems to be your best move during the draft? Mine would be the stragy of punting the RP until the last pick of the day. I felt I had 4 or 5 decent...
Views: 79   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 8, 2009 6:08pm
by Barry
Your first pick?
Hindsight is always 20-20 but if you had the first pick, who would your choice have been? There seemed to be some genuine surprise that I didn't take Halladay or Webb. For the record, as much as I loved Halladay I'm not so sure the offense would have allowed him to...
Views: 70   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 8, 2009 5:55pm
by Barry
t
Ted
Yankee Trivia
Which Yankee player was nicknamed "The Knight of Kennett Square.I'm still batting .000
Views: 69   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 8, 2009 4:55pm
by TED
b
Barry
Poor and getting poorer
Well the wife just signed us up for almost $10k for the photographer to my son's wedding. How can that be right? On top of that my 2nd son officially got engaged today. If his wedding costs as much as his brother's I'm in big trouble. Whatever happened to the...
Views: 74   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 8, 2009 2:22pm
by Barry
x
X-RAY
What team would u most like to manage other than your own?
My pick would be American Natives. Like the balance from top to bottom.
Views: 86   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 8, 2009 1:03am
by Kelly\\'s Hero...
x
X-RAY
What was your most regrettable draft pick?
Mine was Fuentes at 15, when I should have picked a more reliable SP.
Views: 84   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 8, 2009 1:01am
by Kelly\'s Heroe...
j
Jimi
World Baseball Classic
Just finished watching the USA beat Canada 6-5 and before that the Netherlands pulled a huge upset over the Dominican Republic 3-2. If you're not watching this, you're missing some great Baseball!
Views: 84   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 7, 2009 3:45pm
by Bob Oberlin
b
bob
Trivia Question
Who is the greatest fantasy baseball commish of all time?
Views: 71   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 6, 2009 7:24am
by Ted
t
TED
New Yankee Trivia
Who was the 1st player other than the Babe to wear #3 with the Yankees.I'm now 0-4
Views: 78   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 6, 2009 7:22am
by Ted
OGBL Draft - Keepers
1.1 David Wright 3B NYM MinuteMen 1.2 Hanley Ramirez SS FLA AROXX 1.3 Albert Pujols 1B STL Yankee Doodles 1.4 Alex Rodriguez 3B NYY Socks Nation 1.5 Matt Holliday OF OAK FAH Generals 1.6 Mark Teixeira 1B NYY Fly Like An Eagle 1.7 Miguel Cabrera 1B...
Views: 115   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 5, 2009 9:30pm
by OGBL Commish
League Entry Fee
You can send in your entry fee anytime. Send a $50 check or MO to; Jimi Nix 6645 Kenora Way Rio Linda, Ca. 95673
Views: 92   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 5, 2009 2:58pm
by OGBL Commish
j
Jimi
Pictures needed for OGBL Website
Please check out "At The Ballpark" and "Fun Stuff" and see if you have a picture or two that you might like to share with us.
Views: 82   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 5, 2009 7:41am
by Jimi
j
Jimi
This Day in Baseball - 1973
Yankee teammates Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich announced they have traded families including their wives, children and even the dogs. _______________________________________________________________________________________ What wasn't reported was one of them had...
Views: 87   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 5, 2009 7:38am
by Jimi
t
TED
Yankee Trivia
What pitcher holds the record for most wins in a single season by a left-hander.
Views: 83   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 2, 2009 4:07pm
by Jimi
t
TED
YANKEE TRIVIA!
Mickey Mantle is the all-time Yankee leader in strikeouts with 1,710.Who is 2nd to the Mick.
Views: 86   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 1, 2009 3:03pm
by TED
t
TED
Test of OGBL brilliant BB minds.Trivia questions!
These are not easy so please don't cheat & look up the answers.The answer will appear the following day.Just post your answer. Who was the 1st Yankees right-hander to throw a no-hitter.Missed this one.
Views: 95   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 28, 2009 7:04am
by Bob Oberlin
I feel like I'm fixin' to die
boyz, Valerie and I both are down and out with the flu. we're feverish, delirious, achy, and WEAK. I doubt that i'll make it to the draft this weekend, so i'm gonna load up my queue with enough players to last through the draft. if i get to feeling better, i'll com...
Views: 73   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 27, 2009 11:15am
by Jimi
Wedding bells
My oldest just told us he is marrying his long-time girlfriend this September. I'm counting on you all to let me make the play-offs to help pay for this thing.
Views: 88   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 24, 2009 5:12pm
by Jose
j
Jimi
Countdown is On
One week from tonight will be Draft Eve. Seven days till the pickin' starts. It's coming fast now.
Views: 91   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 24, 2009 12:06pm
by Bob Oberlin
j
Jimi
MLB Network
I'm won over by this new 24/7 Baseball channel. Since I'm only in to Baseball and could care less about the other sports this is perfect. Infact, I haven't tuned in to ESPN at all this year, not once! And now that Baseball has actually gotten underway with Spring Tr...
Views: 87   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 23, 2009 8:10am
by Big Red One
j
Jimi
OGBL Owner B-Day
I'd like to say Happy Birthday to Les' better half. Happy Birthday Valerie!
Views: 77   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 23, 2009 8:00am
by Big Red One
Today In Baseball
1967, During a special softball exhibition game, pitcher Eddie Feigner strikes out six consecutive major leaguers. The victims include Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Brooks Robinson, Harmon Killebrew, Roberto Clemente and Maury Wills. ________________________________...
Views: 78   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 19, 2009 6:09pm
by TED
Cole Hamels - FHA Generals
News: Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said Cole Hamels will start on opening day. That's no surprise considering the lefty was MVP of the World Series and NLCS. He will be starting on the Sunday Night Game, a sure 2X SP for the Generals. Analysis: In Year 3, Hame...
Views: 91   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 1:21pm
by OGBL News
Guerrero
Vladimir Guerrero, who is coming off knee surgery, probably won't play during the first week of exhibition games. Guerrero won't be taking part in the WBC. "We’re going to take it slow with him," manager Mike Scioscia said. "He has not been running yet so we w...
Last Post: Feb 17, 2009 4:14pm
by OGBL News
b
Barry
MLB site
I was surprized to see an "official" MLB link on their site ranking the top 100 fantasy players.
Last Post: Feb 16, 2009 5:02pm
by Barry
Pujols/WBC
According to the Post-Dispatch, Albert Pujols will soon officially announce his withdrawal from the WBC in a teleconference with reporters in the Dominican Republic. Pujols will put the blame on the insurance situation, just like Johan Santana did last week. Pujols...
Views: 86   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 16, 2009 3:16pm
by OGBL News
o
OGBL
Jose Reyes Batting Third?
Kelly's Heroes - Jose B. Reyes, SS News: Jose Reyes has a surprise in store when he arrives at spring training. New York Mets manager Jerry Manuel is pondering the idea of dropping his speedy shortstop from the leadoff spot, one of several tweaks that could be on t...
Views: 78   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 15, 2009 3:00pm
by Jimi
t
TED
I still have 50 minutes
Thinking of keeping Sanchez instead of Holliday .I'm using the resort computer,can't get mine to work.That's just this week so I'm not concerned.Next week I'm in Pompano Beach.I'll try to stay in touch daily but won't be able to keep up with practice draft.Jimi pleas...
Views: 87   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 5:02pm
by Jimi
I'm not going to make a living reading tea leafs ...
Well the final count is seven. That is I guessed wrong on seven keepers. Considering when most SP were drafted last year I did not envision the large number kept. Funny ... I thought Soto would be the only top C available and he isn't but both Mauer and Martin a...
Views: 88   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 5:01pm
by Jimi
Keepers Listed Further Down.
I took the "sticky" label off the Keeper list. It has relocated itself a little lower down.
Views: 93   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 4:51pm
by OGBL Commish
t
TED
Help
I can't log my team in,forgot the password.it's ogbl something
Views: 91   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 4:47pm
by Jimi
2009 OGBL Keepers - Please Read
This is the official list of each teams 3 keepers for the 2009 season. The deadline to post your players is 5:00 PM ET on Saturday, Feb. 14th. Click on your team only. Please follow the instructions that you will see. I went ahead and posted mine to show how...
Views: 129   Replies: 24
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 8:49am
by FAH Generals
b
Barry
Catcher in the rye ...
Thought my first pick might be Soto, but I see Yankee protected him ... oh well ... I get an unexpected shot at R Martin.
Views: 94   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 14, 2009 5:25am
by Bob Oberlin
Talent
Looks like there is going to be plenty of talent available for rounds 4 & 5 in the upcoming draft.
Views: 84   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 12, 2009 1:59pm
by Jimi
t
TED
Florida here we come!
Heading out at 5PM,will be back online Sat before 4 PM.A few stops along the way.
Views: 101   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 2:32pm
by Bob Oberlin
We're Off and Rolling
To All OGBL Owners/GMs/Managers, The time has come, OGBL 2009 Fantasy Spring Training has begun. The Keepers List is starting to fill, as well as the upcoming practice draft at CM. I want all of you to know that I am putting everything I can into making this...
Views: 91   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 2:31pm
by Bob Oberlin
x
X-RAY
hey jimi
my team sucks. i want a do over. LOL Seriously though, looking forward to the keeper list and the real draft. :-)
Views: 96   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 8:13am
by Bob Oberlin
t
TED
I will be unavailable Mon,Mar.2nd & Mar.9th
From 9PM to 10PM as I have to help Jack Bauer save this great country.Sorry Jimi,I just wish I could have seen your face before you opened this.:}Seriously,I just locked onto a week at Pompano Beach on Feb 21 so I will only have 1/2 hr ride to Weston Mar.1st.I will d...
Views: 71   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 8, 2009 1:17pm
by TED
b
Barry
ARoid ..
Why is there a big article on ARod's positive test in 2003? I thought the results were to not be made public.
Views: 80   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 7, 2009 11:00pm
by TED
2009 OGBL Keepers
I will be posting a thread here on the forum around Wednesday, the 11th. This thread will be where you will post your 3 Keepers. If you feel the need to do it sooner, let me know.
Views: 113   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 7, 2009 10:53pm
by TED
e
Earl
Keeper lists ready?
I hope all of you are coming along fine with trimming your scrubs and deciding on your keepers. I'm having a hard time narrowing mine down. My first pick is easy, as I will keep Miguel Cabrera. Picking 2 from Brandon Phillips, Crawford, Granderson, Haren, Jeter,...
Views: 103   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 7, 2009 10:24am
by Barry
OGBL Enrty Fees
The entry fee for the OGBL 2009 is $50.00. I've got a few in already, if you are curious to see if I've received it you can check by going to our CBS League Home. Under League Home click on Finances. There isn't a set date on sending in the entry fee, but it wou...
Views: 80   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 7, 2009 10:20am
by OGBL Commish
the mysterious Sandoval
Earl -- run, don't walk, to the nearest newstand and buy the latest ish of Sports Weekly and then turn to page 7. and then notice he's rated #4 out of the top 100 "budding prospect ready to blossom". and then draft him. If you can't get him in the draft, then trade...
Views: 71   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 6, 2009 5:08pm
by Ted
j
Jimi
Auction Drafts
Has anyone here ever done an auction draft? I did my first one this week and it was alot of fun. Starting today CM has opened up auction mock drafts for anyone interested. If any of you want to try one they are now ready, I'm signed up for a 12 team, 23 player. I've...
Views: 84   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 5, 2009 12:31pm
by b
b
Barry
Ball park pix...
Hey Jimi ... how come no pix of Nats statium in the gallary? I know you took some.
Views: 71   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 10:31pm
by Jimi
j
Jimi
25 Round Fast Draft @ Couchmanagers
Tuesday night at 8:00 ET. You can find it listed with the Custom Drafts on the main page. Sign up soon as to get your spot. It's open to everyone at the couch too.
Views: 81   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 7:51pm
by Jimi
e
Earl
draft/keepers
I realize that our 3 keepers have to be from your last yrs draftees, but next yr will our NEW keepers have to come from this yrs draft? Is this rule to try and have some team continuity, or just a little quirk to add some extra interest? Also, since one could the...
Views: 96   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 6:23am
by Bob Oberlin
x
X-RAY
Torre book signing
got to say hi to Torre and get my book signed. Place was packed and the line wound through the whole Yogi Berra museum, which was good cuz i got to see the whole museum while I waited the hour to get to the front.
Views: 81   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 3, 2009 8:53pm
by Jimi
Good Questions
I'm doing my best to keep up with your guys' questions. They are good questions though, and anytime you have one bring it on.
Views: 120   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 3:52pm
by OGBL Commish
x
X-RAY
sandoval and others
hey Jimi - if i am reading the rules correctly, Sandoval is only eligible at 1B in our league. Is that correct? If I am then just want to give a heads up to newbies and older managers like myself who forget sometimes that the Couch Manager multi-position eligibili...
Views: 93   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 3:46pm
by Jimi
e
Earl
Time zone? Where are you guys?
I notice that when I post on here, the time appearing on my post is 2 hrs earlier than my actual time. Is this site set for west coast/Pacific time? That got me thinking, that it would be neat to know where you guys are. I'm assuming most of you are on the...
Views: 98   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 31, 2009 11:32pm
by Ted
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Free Forum powered by Bravenet