IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Passing of Donald H. Hobson (WECO)

It is with a heavy heart that I report the passing of long-time friend, Donald H. Hobson. Don passed away unexpectedly at his home in Lewisville, NC on 1 Sep 2017. Don worked for Western Electric for nearly 40 years supporting IUSS, much of it at sea. He and I first met in late 1969 at COMNAVFORJAPAN where Don provided technical support services. He left Japan in 1970 but returned in 1978 where he remained for nearly 13 years. I had the pleasure of serving another tour with him during that time. Don was a dedicated professional and a gentle and caring soul. He loved his association with the Navy over the years. Don his survived by his wife Nancy, daughter Pamela, two sons Monte and Bryon, six grandchildren and one great grandson.

Re: Passing of Donald H. Hobson (WECO)

They broke the mold with Don. I've never met anyone like him before and was very sorry to hear that he passed. I am grateful though that Namiko and I knew Don during our lifetimes and that I was able to have breakfast with Don and his wife Nancy while passing through Greensboro last year.

I guess the best way to describe Don is "I never heard a bad word about him from anybody" and hope the same can be said for me when I pass.

Visits: