Return to Website

Canadian Bank Rant Forum

Note: As of May 31, 2008, the forum is now a read-only archive.

Click here for the Compass Rose archive.

Click here for the POTC Interactive Project's homepage.

Canadian Bank Rant Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
l
Laura
To everything .... turn, turn, turn. An Announcement...
Dear Crew, friends and mates... This was a decision that didn't come easily, in fact, Neo and I have been discussing this for over a year. Our little site has been up and running for almost 5 years and as with all things in life, seasons change and it's time to...
Views: 1270   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2008 6:23am
by Laura
l
Laura
And so to bed....
The Faithful Bride is now officially closed. You can still read the messages, but you can no longer add new posts. I'd like to thank Neo, from the bottom of my heart, for her unwaivering dedication to this site. Without her amazing wealth of knowledge and experi...
Views: 1294   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 1, 2008 6:23am
by Laura
As they say...
Yes, the rum is gone.
Views: 1417   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 1, 2008 12:20am
by neophyte the nef...
n
Nervy
May She Sail Onwards on Endless Winds
In our hearts, and in our memories. The awesome and fun times we have had here upon her decks. The disco parties, the smores, the mosh pits, the cows, penguins, llamas, badgers, chickens, and all manner of sea creatures becoming acclimated to our presence. Our fe...
Views: 1308   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 1, 2008 12:17am
by Marooned Monkey
reporting for duty...
to stand the final watch of the POTCIP Faithful Bride. mark the logbooks, command transferred to the POTC FAITHFUL BRIDE at 8 bells of the nightwatch. crew to their stations, drummer beat to quarters! step lively there, men! prepare to up anchor and cast off! let's g...
Views: 1298   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 31, 2008 11:56pm
by gretchen
Tah
Thank you so much, Laura and Lisa...for everything.
Views: 1327   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 31, 2008 11:53pm
by lanie
Sunset
Sunset and evening star, And one clear call for me, And may there be no moaning of the bar, When I put out to sea. But such a tide as moving seems asleep, Too full for sound and foam, When that which drew from out the boundless deep Turns again home. Twil...
Views: 1309   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2008 11:52pm
by Marooned Monkey
Views: 1353   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 31, 2008 9:29pm
by Nervy
Silly question
I understand the forums are shutting down here, but will we be able to access the archives? And if not, when does the site officially close? I'd like a chance to go back and save a few more things from here.
Views: 1285   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 31, 2008 8:49pm
by Windswept
A Final Toast
Although I've been (mostly) AWOL from posting, I have continued to check in from time to time. I always am amazed & touched by the warm support & generosity crew members extend to one another, in good times & in bad. Just reading the posts never fails to buoy my sp...
Views: 1396   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 31, 2008 5:33pm
by Windswept
Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah for Nan!
Nan you are marvellous - I've registered (and e-mailed you) I've given myself a new log-in name ... I think you'll all guess which one is me! How can we ever thank you enough Nan? XXXXX
Views: 931   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 31, 2008 4:57pm
by Windswept
Hey, cous... or Neo...
What time does the message board "go down" tomorrow? I will be gone a good portion of the day. Do we have till midnight? Hope so!
Views: 1248   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 31, 2008 2:29pm
by Nervy
I've always wanted to sail the sea...
Or whatever it is that guy says when he signs up for Jack's crew in DMC. I shall have to watch it tomorrow and find out for sure, eh? (Love the commercials for it!) Nan, I registered as Lady Red (with a tricorn hat tip to Piratess on the Fifth Ocean who gave...
Views: 1312   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 31, 2008 12:15pm
by Nervy
a
Alyx
Goodbye to this wonderful home I've had for near on 5 years.
But Hello to everyone moving over to the NEW BRIDE! I hope it will be just as much a wondeful home as this was, and I know Nervy's doing her best to make sure of it.
Views: 1483   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2008 1:59am
by Alyx
One last thing before I weigh anchor
It must be significant that we were all so very upset at this Faithful Bride closing down. I have been on other sites and just shrugged when they closed - or not even bothered returning to them anyway. But the Bride has been different. Why? Because it isn't a mes...
Views: 1303   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 30, 2008 6:39pm
by Scully Crossbone...
uh, mates?
I can't find the link to the new board
Views: 1320   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 30, 2008 2:36pm
by captjacksparrows...
Views: 929   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 30, 2008 11:57am
by gretchen
Taking one last look around the decks
How many times have we all walked this decks with a certain reverence in our hearts and souls -- for a captain and a crew that brought joy, and laughter, and so many wonderful friends and memories into our lives? Thank you Laura! Thank you Neo! Your years of servi...
Views: 953   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 30, 2008 7:04am
by Scully Crossbone...
n
Nervy
Ground Level...but Open
Go have a look... http://z11.invisionfree.com/POTC_Faithful_Bride/index.php?act=idx Let me know if you find a glitch.
Views: 1051   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 30, 2008 2:45am
by Nervy
A little levity to break up the sadness
I got to wondering.... Johnny is in a different "place" in his life these days, much different than the state of mind he had during the 21 JUMP STREET years. So now that Judd Apatow and Jonah Hill are collaborating on a send-up of 21 JUMP STREET, I was wonder...
Views: 904   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 30, 2008 12:25am
by Lady Writer
a
Alyx
Will we give up and turn rudder to the enemy (oblivion)?
NO! We will fight and use our greatest resource, our wit, to find a place to remain a crew. We will not slink off into the sunset to be forgetten, a mere shadow of form in the back of our minds. A wish for what might have been. WE WILL FIGHT TO STAY TOGETHER AS A...
Views: 1019   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 29, 2008 9:05pm
by Scully Crossbone...
s
Scally
Alyx?
You ok?
Views: 1028   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 29, 2008 8:37pm
by Alyx
n
Nervy
Work in Progress
I am working on the board. POTC Faithful Bride I'll post the link as soon as I have some more things finished. None of us have to say good-bye...including the two that brought us together...Neo and Laura.
Views: 879   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 29, 2008 8:35pm
by Alyx
I just found out
When I checked in on the Bride this morning, I wasn't prepared to read what's going on...was desperately trying to find Laura's announcement (oh duh, read the sticky). It really made me stop and think about what this forum has meant and become to me...I totally take...
Views: 998   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 29, 2008 6:17pm
by Scully Crossbone...
A new chapter begins...well, maybe a book
Because I have lots to say! (Don't I always? Can't disappoint you now!) Wow, I had no idea 2008 would be so full of changes! At least it sure seems that way for me. My youngest nephew is graduating from high school this coming Sunday and will be attending t...
Views: 798   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 29, 2008 6:12pm
by Scully Crossbone...
s
Scally
This is not goodbye!
I just want to thank you all for being here for me for the past 4 years. Laura and Neo, I have taken this forum, always being here, for granted and I never realized how much it took to keep it going. I'm sorry. You two have created more than you will ever realize!...
Views: 831   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 29, 2008 6:06pm
by Scully Crossbone...
Everyone's thinkin' it; I'm just sayin it. . .
Where the heck is Savvvy?!!! Yo Ho, Savvvy, wherever you are!! We miss you! Kate
Views: 973   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 29, 2008 1:55pm
by Scally
To sum up
basically we are all very upset at the thought of losing this site - not because of the site but because of the communication we have. We are all trying to be polite and say "oh well never mind" But I don't want to be polite and I DO mind! In a nutshell I am tr...
Views: 842   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 29, 2008 1:36pm
by Scally
My Last Prayer Request...
One of my oldest and dearest friends, Vicki, from California recently had surgery to remove an 11-centimeter mass from her ovary. They got the pathology reports back today. She has gastric-esophageal cancer. It has metastasized and spread to other organs...and it is...
Views: 923   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 29, 2008 1:34pm
by Scally
The Inevitability of....umm....Inevitability
The only things I like to see end are bad movies and boring meetings. I’ve never liked endings…or good byes. I can’t watch a movie (even a bad one) and not find myself in tears when one character leaves another. The first time I read Lord of the Rin...
Views: 1004   Replies: 18
Last Post: May 29, 2008 1:11pm
by YoHoHanna
Lady Writer!!!
You're selling the bookstore?!?!?!?! Oh, that is sad, too. Such memories were made there. Kyrila
Views: 919   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 29, 2008 12:01pm
by Windswept
so sad
I can understand why the forum is closing - and many many thanks to Laura & Neo for keeping it going, but I am so especially sad that just as we are having a POCI in Utah and I am finally going to get to meet some of you that the one place where we had always been ab...
Views: 932   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 29, 2008 11:36am
by Windswept
My Space and Yahoo
Hi, everyone! Just so you know, I do have a MySpace account (my name is Malificent16), although I really have not used it. Also, the Kalmar Nyckel crew has a Yahoo Groups account, which has worked well for us. You can also reach me at my Yahoo account at Malificent16...
Views: 977   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 29, 2008 9:29am
by Cutthroat Kate
l
Laura
Not a lot of time...(what else is new?)
I've just read through all of your posts since yesterday and I am really touched by all of your messages. Trust me when I say that the decision to close the forums didn't come easily, which is why Neo and I took over a year to decide to do so. I thought of the...
Views: 888   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 29, 2008 8:09am
by neophyte the nef...
n
Nervy
Okay, I am just going to SPILL IT NOW
I have emailed Neo and I know she hasn't had a chance to answer yet, but am just going to spill my idea. MySpace is an idea, I know you have the best intentions and to keep everyone together. Here is my idea: I am willing to start up a messageboard for us s...
Views: 913   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 29, 2008 5:37am
by yoho :-? H
a
Alyx
Dreaming of maybe...........
I was looking into what it would take to have another Bravenet.com forum. I know nothing about computers or web pages, but perhaps I could learn. It's not too terribly expensive. I'm working on some ideas with a friend who has a website too, so between all the var...
Views: 932   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 29, 2008 2:54am
by Alyx
HOPE ON THE HORIZON !!!!!
I messaged Lady Writer & Jansy - and yes I have to admit and say sorry, Laura & Neo but closing the forum is just dreadful - we are all so bereft. It can't happen. We have to stay in touch .... So even if its perhaps temporary, and it'll be better than nothing,...
Views: 891   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 28, 2008 10:31pm
by Marooned Monkey
Ahhhhh.. back from the sea
Ahoy! I've just spent the last week gazing at the sea from the Charleston coast, and what a mighty view it was. Beautiful country those Charleston's have. And a welcome retreat for me in despirate need of a bit 'o relaxation. I drank in every ounce of the sea ai...
Views: 903   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 28, 2008 9:11pm
by Scully Crossbone...
a sad development...
i am without words. i really do not know what to say to this morning's announcement. the forum coming to an end?
Views: 912   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 28, 2008 1:06pm
by Connor Campbell
IN MEMORIAM
For Patsy... We've not forgotten, mate. And we miss you!
Views: 897   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 28, 2008 2:43am
by Mad Ashton Flint
New Neighbors
Access Hollywood just reported that Brad and Angelina just purchased a $70 million estate near Johnny and Vanessa complete with a moat and olive vineyard. They also said that besides Johnny and Vanessa being neighbors, Bono and his wife also live in the 'hood.
Views: 915   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 27, 2008 8:01pm
by Scully Crossbone...
A hero for our heroes
Just saw a report on the TV News about Gary Sinese and how he spends a lot of his free time serving troops and veterans with his band, The Lt. Dan Band. He spoke about how he remembered the way Vietnam Vets were treated after the US pulled out, and he vowed to himse...
Views: 953   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 27, 2008 7:54pm
by Scully Crossbone...
And how could we forget THIS birthday!?!?!?
HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY, LILY ROSE MELODY DEPP!!!!!!
Views: 935   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 27, 2008 7:47pm
by Scully Crossbone...
Ahoy!
Like any Pirate worth her salt, I stay one step ahead of whomever -- or whatever -- might be chasing me ! Last July, we left the land-locked, wind-twisted Midwest (Eastern Kansas) & returned to our home port of Alexandria, VA. I traded the Missouri River for th...
Views: 971   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 27, 2008 7:37pm
by Scully Crossbone...
Anyone see the new Indy movie yet?
We went this weekend and really enjoyed it. Was fun to catch all the little references to the earlier movies - ones the youngin's didn't catch since they were so young (or not even born) when the first one came out and really haven't watched the DVD all that much....
Views: 835   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 27, 2008 7:06pm
by Scally
News for Marty fans & Friends
Just to let everyone here on the Bride know that Marty (Klebba) is to be in the historical movie 1066 that I'm involved with! I'm looking forward to having an in depth chat with him about the role in August when I come to SLC.
Views: 891   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 27, 2008 3:27pm
by Lady Writer
s
Scally
A joke
A woman was sitting at a bar enjoying an after work cocktail with her girlfriends when Steven, a tall, exceptionally handsome, extremely sexy, middle-aged man entered. He was so striking that the woman could not take her eyes off him. The young-at-heart man not...
Views: 849   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 27, 2008 11:28am
by Connor Campbell
DAR
I'm wondering...is anyone on here a Daughter of the American Revolution? I am...is anyone active in a chapter?
Views: 900   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 27, 2008 9:17am
by Windswept
ALYX!!!
Hmmm....fav Monkees song? Well...I know Krista's is Daydream Believer. I guess mine would have to be "Little Bit of Me, Little Bit of You" or "I'm a Believer", both of which were written by Neil Diamond. Um, yeah...that dates me, too!
Views: 910   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 27, 2008 8:18am
by Scully Crossbone...
MYSPACE
can everyone who has a myspace make sure a) you are a friend of my pirate site above and b) make sure you are down as a TOP friend! If you're not there as a top friend PLEASE let me know! H.
Views: 914   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 27, 2008 5:54am
by yoho:- )H
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Free Forum powered by Bravenet