The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Try and Catch Me
“…I’m only really intelligent when I write.” I have to go along with that, because if Abigail had been possessed of a worldly clue, she’d have left Edmund’s keys right where they were. If she had, it would have supported any sub...
Views: 397   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 18, 2016 12:00pm
by Royal Fool
Captcha on this Forum is frustrating
Why does this forum use Captcha it's a real pain to use. There are much easier Captcha methods like the the simple check box for I'm not a robot. The whole process is a total bummer. I'd hope to keep this forum alive but this Captcha thing is not helping. Str...
Views: 279   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 17, 2016 9:24pm
by J Wilton Jones
Other shows Columbo fans should like/dislike
As fans are we predisposed to liking certain shows that have the same qualities we see in the Columbo series. Equally are there some shows that Columbo fans would/should never like? I for one can't watch Murder She Wrote as I see it as a poor man's version with none...
Views: 327   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 17, 2016 2:01pm
by Verdammt
e
Erik
Columbo essay
Here's something I wrote about Columbo. I hope you enjoy it!
Views: 337   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 17, 2016 4:22am
by David C.
To all of the "Columbo" fans out there
Here is a short inspired by the Episode "Now You See Him". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiTjDjRYHmw Enjoy.
Views: 350   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 17, 2016 4:08am
by David C.
g
Grant
"Greenhouse Jungle" Question
Considering how fond I am of it, this is a real nitpicking question, but it's one that just occurred to me. I can't help wondering whether Ken Nichols (of all people) could be a weak link in the whole fake kidnapping plot. After all, Ken evidently offered to leave Ca...
Views: 302   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 16, 2016 2:01pm
by Royal Fool
Mrs Columbo - Another "sighting"
Okay, in the "Mr & Mrs Columbo" section on this site there is the question as to whether she is real or a figment of Columbo's imagination, and it cites three instances where characters have seen this elusive lady. There's a fourth witness in IDENTITY CRISIS. Colu...
Views: 356   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 16, 2016 1:47pm
by Grant
Premeditated Murder
Speaking of Death Lends a Hand, Every Columbo episode starts out showing the murderer carefully planning to kill someone. Except for DLAH, is this the only episode where the murder is not preplanned? I can't think of another episode where the murder isn't careful...
Views: 272   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 14, 2016 11:36am
by Lorenzo
k
Kathy
Greenhouse Jungle: Jarvis' "admission"
I was just re-watching Greenhouse Jungle tonight and I never really understood why Jarvis reveals to Columbo his true feelings for his nephew saying he "isn't worth a sack of peat moss", "he's a wife ridden weakling whom I've despised for years" and "I'd call up his...
Views: 280   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 13, 2016 2:53pm
by Royal Fool
Discrepancies in "Publish or Perish"
Rewatching this one last night, I think I discovered two minor inconsistances: 1/ Greenleaf couldn't have known the ending... Greenleaf is getting a copy of everything Mallory dictates from Walpert of the manuscript service. So he knows everything that is happeni...
Views: 349   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 12, 2016 9:02am
by Royal Fool
g
Grant
Spouses You Never See
I've asked this before, but how many killers had spouses who were never shown? (Not counting deceased ones, like the wife in HOW TO DIAL A MURDER and the husband in REQUIEM FOR A FALLING STAR.) I know the later version very badly, but in the original, the only one I...
Views: 319   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 11, 2016 3:59pm
by Royal Fool
f
Fred
Elizabeth Van Wyck
Playback was on METV last night. Boy do I feel bad for Elizabeth. Not only does her mother get killed, but she is permanently in a wheel chair and her husband is off to jail for the rest of his life most likely. So who is going to help her and take care of her no...
Views: 309   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 11, 2016 3:30pm
by Royal Fool
g
Grant
"A Friend In Deed"
I saw it again a week ago, and there's one moment I always wonder about a little. It's when Columbo is about to search the Halperin house, and Mark stops him because he seems to have something to tell him first, then he thinks about it for a moment and stops himself....
Views: 463   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 11, 2016 3:21pm
by Royal Fool
Candidate for Crime
Great ep, but did you ever notice that the cops referred to Hayward as "Senator" even though he hadn't yet been elected to the post? Also, that his housewife went from a neglected drunk to making authoritative dedication speeches at recreational facilities? I k...
Views: 366   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 11, 2016 3:09pm
by Royal Fool
Candidate For Crime
Did you ever wonder how Hayward was able to coordinate his scheme to murder his campaign manager when he couldn't have had any pre-conceived notion that Harry would call his gal pal in to suggest that she "let go of him" on the very day he planned to do it, let alone...
Views: 352   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 11, 2016 2:18pm
by Royal Fool
Hello from italy.
Hello to everybody. My name is Marco, from Italy,and im very happy and a little thrilled to write my first topic on this forum, because i go on this website by at least 13 years ! I have been i fan of Columbo since i was a child,seeing it on italian television, and...
Views: 217   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 8, 2016 2:59pm
by Genoa Donchanoa
COLUMBO KILLERS FATE
After reading some time ago this wonderful topic http://www.columbo-site.freeuk.com/court.htm about a possibile interpretation of columbo's killer fate after the arrest, i have begin to think that i could do a similar thing, but in another way. It is many years, tha...
Views: 2004   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 16, 2016 2:05pm
by Grant
"Mannix"
Yeah, I know … what does another detective series have to do with Columbo? Well, nothing except in the 1971 episode “Murder Times Three” (aired this afternoon on H&I), it stars both Pippa Scott and Patricia Mattick. Pippa was unmistakable, but...
Views: 177   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2016 10:47pm
by B.B. Code
f
Fred
Views: 215   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 13, 2016 3:33pm
by Hugh Howards
Falk on Johnny Carson Show - Antenna TV 4/9/16
Peter Falk was a guest on The Johnny Carson Show tonight, April 9th, 2016. The original telecast date was May 20th, 1977. Falk talked about the episode of "Columbo" which was airing two days later, Sunday May 22nd, 1977. He told Johnny and the audience that the...
Views: 1205   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 10, 2016 3:20pm
by Grant
Howard Berk (1925-2016)
The writer of By Dawn's Early Light and The Conspirators passed away March 27, 2016.
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2016 1:26am
by John S.
f
Franny
Shera Danese
Peter Falks second wife Shera Danese appeared in five episodes. I read that she took care of him at home in the end, and didn't get along too well with Falks daughters. Does anyone know how she's doing now since his death. I haven't seen her in any acting roles si...
Views: 345   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 4, 2016 6:13pm
by Jim Nast
Search results
I just noticed for the first time that TULCS appears on the second page of search results. It used to show up in the top three entries no matter what engine you might use. There's nothing significant about that of course, but it does illustrate that interest in the t...
Views: 205   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 3, 2016 6:50pm
by Irene DiMilo
f
Franny
Name of this song?
I'm trying to find out the name of the classical song played in the background in episode "Forgotten Lady" with Janet Leigh when she comes into the house after going to the musical with John Payne. It was a classical piano piece being played throughout the house....
Views: 199   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 31, 2016 4:07pm
by Franny
f
Fred
Columbos Car
We all love it. However, the writers are absolutely ingenious of showing us some of the accidents that he had. For instance in. Columbo goes to college" he hits the Wall while parking. In the Kay Freestone episode he has an accident right in the beginning before the...
Views: 226   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 31, 2016 2:12pm
by Verdammt
getting back to normalcy....................etude in black
can we just get back to 'columbo', and stop with all the 'identities' of who is who.......and ALSO, all the pessimistic comments from some posters. this site was always a welcome place to visit, and i trust it will be for a long time...i hope so. so onto etude....
Views: 1412   Replies: 38
Last Post: Mar 28, 2016 7:52pm
by cedric.dlb
Ted
Catherine Falk story
I don't know either Shera Danese or Catherine Falk personally, so I don't want to take sides in this sad situation, which has a long history. I just link to the story here without comment, because it may be of interest to Peter Falk's many fans: http://www.latime...
Views: 328   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 27, 2016 5:52pm
by Jim Nast
e
Eric
Peter's First Wife, Alyce Mayo, Dies at 85
Alyce Caroline Mayo January 7, 1931 - March 7, 2016 Alyce was born in Long Island City and spent her early years on the East Coast. She graduated from Syracuse University where she met her husband, actor Peter Falk. As a young woman, Alyce lived and worked in N...
Views: 733   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 26, 2016 1:51pm
by Ted
m
mark
Happy St. Patrick's Day... Good Day to watch 'The Conspirators' :)
Any comments on this episode. "This far, and no farther"
Views: 282   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 20, 2016 4:31pm
by Grant
m
mark
Publish or Perish.....just what kind of material was Riley publishing?
In the scene where riley first is confronting Alan Mallory about him going to write for another company, Alan says "after writing some of that garbage"....Riley interupts and yells " garbage?,Sex is the only mysticism in this world". I didn't think much of it at...
Views: 320   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 11, 2016 1:06am
by mark
f
Fred
Mayfield...murder and attempted murder and what?
B. Mayfield was a total creep. Not only did he kill S. Martin but he would also ge charged with the attempted murder of Dr. Heidleman. But what about Harry Alexander? Did he die? Mayfield should be charged with something at the very least although the above ref...
Views: 329   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 7, 2016 5:03pm
by Fred
A Columbo episode site - interesting
This may be old news to many of you, but there is a website with many Columbo reviews, commentary, pictures, et cetera. The heading on the site is Biohazard Films, but the site address is www.radioactive-studios/biohazard-films. The site has quite a lot of info and...
Views: 689   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 22, 2016 12:11am
by Forgotten Lady
Anyone recognize this interior space from any Columbo episodes?
I'm trying to document filming locations used in the film "Boogie Nights", and someone I know thinks he recognizes the bank lobby in this scene as one used in one or more episodes of "Columbo". Does it look familiar to anyone? https://youtu.be/5o2Z5RJ7nuo T...
Views: 350   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 19, 2016 4:33pm
by Ronbo Jin
George Gaynes 1917-2016
Actor George Gaynes has died aged 98. appeared in the episodes Etude in Black and Any Old Port in a Storm.
Views: 285   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 19, 2016 1:38pm
by Grant
m
mark
Peter makes appearance on Dean Martin Roast of Sinatra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3NhRcayJ08 enjoy!
Views: 205   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 15, 2016 12:48am
by Bill
l
Leaper
I had this weird Columbo dream during a nap...
(Any logical "flaws" and "why would she do that?" below are due entirely to dream-logic.) It was the murder scene from "Sex and the Married Detective," only it went totally different from the TV movie. In "my" version, Allenby let Kincaid literally get on top of...
Views: 225   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 9, 2016 12:55am
by Grant
m
mark
Awkward script....setting up murder plan/alibi (see my example)
Like the lieutentant , there are certain things that bother me . In the episode 'The Most Crucial Game', i don't like the way Paul Hanlon awkwardly keeps trying to get the victim to get in the pool.Examples.... " Get yourself in the pool and get a workout, i need...
Views: 387   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 8, 2016 2:11am
by J. Wilton Jones
d
David
Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday to "Columbo: Short Fuse". 44 years of Roddy McDowall Magic!
Views: 260   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 21, 2016 12:28am
by APK
b
Bruce
Who was nora chandlers husband
In the episode requiem for a falling star who is the actor in the photograph of Nora Chandler's husband . It reminds me of Ray Miland but I cannot find any information on it p
Views: 260   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 20, 2016 3:29am
by David
Who played the Garage mechanic in Candidate for Crime
The mechanic looks very much like Tim Robbins, but he'd be only 15 at the time. I can't find a listing for the actor who played him, any one know who he is? Cheers
Views: 1530   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 19, 2016 10:54pm
by Grant
b
Bruce
RIP Jason Wingreen
Was perusing imdb a few weeks ago and noticed that Jason Wingreen passed on Christmas day. he was 95. I'm ashamed to say I got distracted and neglected to share this when I first found out. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0935067/?ref_=tt_cl_t11 I believe he may have b...
Views: 290   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 19, 2016 2:06pm
by Grant
g
Grant
"Double Exposure" Question
One of the things Columbo has a problem with is the fact that Dr. Keppel seemed to turn on his tape recorder after he entered the lobby, not before. This might be nitpicking (especially about a very good episode), but most audiotapes have something called a "leader,"...
Views: 405   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 14, 2016 5:24pm
by Blue Ray
g
Grant
MIND OVER MAYHEM
I know this isn't a favorite one (even though I like it), because of a lot of flaws in it. This isn't exactly a flaw, but I just saw it again, and I realized for the first time an extra risk Columbo might've been taking in that frame-up of Neil Cahill. Neil is nearly...
Views: 258   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 10, 2016 5:49pm
by Alex Printer
Ted
How they aged Columbo's raincoat (Article)
Peter Falk, according to the oft-told lore, bought the original Columbo raincoat for himself, long before Columbo ever wore it. And even if Columbo got a slightly different coat in 1971, we suspect that its wear-and-tear was genuine within a few years. But Columb...
Views: 375   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 26, 2015 1:03pm
by Ted
Interview with Mark Ruffalo where he talks about Columbo
I know how a lot of you feel but I've long said Ruffalo could nail it. Anyway here's a link with an interview with Ruffalo where he talks about Falk and Columbo. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74041
Views: 348   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 26, 2015 12:18am
by stephen
Ted
Christmas with Columbo (poem) - Part 2
As I thought of that man who was dressed like a bum, I asked myself why he had bothered to come. Then I felt the cigar that I clutched in my hand, Suddenly start to erupt and expand. What magic is this? I wanted to know, As the stogie continued to rumbl...
Views: 211   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 24, 2015 12:27am
by Mark D.
f
Fred
Lucky 13: Episodes with Female Killers
If my count is correct, there are 13 episodes were a woman commits murder. I wish that the creators would have had a few more than that. Because it gives a different flair to the show. Some of these women try to get out of it by flirting with Colombo. Others play d...
Views: 596   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 23, 2015 3:06pm
by Grant
Columbo Riddle No. 4
Columbo Riddle No. 4 See if you can figure out both the episode and the characters from it. Each paragraph refers to a different character. The last paragraph is of course Columbo himself but a clue to the episode resides within. Nothing but trouble Is all I g...
Views: 487   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 21, 2015 5:10am
by Grant
Ted
Columbo's Christmas Tree
Here's on oldie! Columbo's Christmas tree, as imagined by "The Enquirer".
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2015 7:29pm
by Ted
Ted
Christmas with Columbo (poem) - Part 1
Christmas greetings, Columbo fans! Yes it is that time of year again, for the site's annual holiday tradition -- the reposting of our Columbo Christmas poem. As some of you know, the poem was written as a gift to Peter Falk way back in 2001, and Peter replied with a...
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2015 7:03pm
by Ted
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30