The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Ted
Christmas with Columbo (poem) - Part 2
As I thought of that man who was dressed like a bum, I asked myself why he had bothered to come. Then I felt the cigar that I clutched in my hand, Suddenly start to erupt and expand. What magic is this? I wanted to know, As the stogie continued to rumbl...
Views: 211   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 24, 2015 12:27am
by Mark D.
f
Fred
Lucky 13: Episodes with Female Killers
If my count is correct, there are 13 episodes were a woman commits murder. I wish that the creators would have had a few more than that. Because it gives a different flair to the show. Some of these women try to get out of it by flirting with Colombo. Others play d...
Views: 596   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 23, 2015 3:06pm
by Grant
Columbo Riddle No. 4
Columbo Riddle No. 4 See if you can figure out both the episode and the characters from it. Each paragraph refers to a different character. The last paragraph is of course Columbo himself but a clue to the episode resides within. Nothing but trouble Is all I g...
Views: 487   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 21, 2015 5:10am
by Grant
Ted
Columbo's Christmas Tree
Here's on oldie! Columbo's Christmas tree, as imagined by "The Enquirer".
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2015 7:29pm
by Ted
Ted
Christmas with Columbo (poem) - Part 1
Christmas greetings, Columbo fans! Yes it is that time of year again, for the site's annual holiday tradition -- the reposting of our Columbo Christmas poem. As some of you know, the poem was written as a gift to Peter Falk way back in 2001, and Peter replied with a...
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2015 7:03pm
by Ted
s
Sully
Ed O"Neill Apprearence
Is that Ed O" Neill as Nolan (The guy getting prints after the murder) in "An Exercise in Fatality? He is not listed anywhere.
Views: 633   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 13, 2015 11:24pm
by polyfusion
f
Fred
Answers to Quiz
1. Murder with too Many Notes. 2. Last Salute to the Commodore. 3. Murder a Self Portrait 4. An Exercise in Fatality 5. A Bird in the Hand 6. The Greenhouse Jungle 7. This one got everybody. Everybody thought it was Columbo Goes to College but its not it...
Views: 183   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 13, 2015 10:02pm
by Fred
f
Fred
Time for a Quote Quiz
Identify these: 1. "You know Rebecca, my wife always hums 1 tune when she's cleaning the house and its always the same." 2. "Did you bring that cop over here?" 3. "We'll swim together, then we'll part as friends." 4. "He's quite a character isn't he?....
Views: 380   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 11, 2015 11:24am
by Clay Gardner
f
Fred
Milo Janus
I often wonder why Milo didn't just throw away the entire tape instead of cutting out a portion of it and then putting a slice mark in there. It probably would have been easier. Also he could have filed it differently to make it look like they were just missing. Or...
Views: 459   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 10, 2015 11:01pm
by Eric Paddon
best yet - riddle supremo
Which part of which episode? The impact was intended, that's for sure And more drinks, more drinks, drinks galore But columbo suspects when he says 'them' And asks if his memory is coming back again. Best of luck fellow fans
Views: 252   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 8, 2015 8:52pm
by sparkle birdie b...
Columbo Riddle No. 3
See if you can figure out both the episode and the characters from it. Each paragraph refers to a different character: She tends to her garden As Columbo comes callin' Where was she last night? Her answer's not right When his temper lets go, He creates qui...
Views: 345   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 7, 2015 7:05am
by homeZR1s9
Robert Loggia 1930-2015
RIP the actor Robert Loggia who has died aged 85. Starred in the episode Now You See Him.
Views: 226   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 6, 2015 4:18pm
by Ted
Old Fashioned Murder
Joyce and Jeannie in 2014
Views: 689   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 30, 2015 6:53pm
by stephen
Identity Crisis T33
I noticed the character was talking about a T33 Silver Star in Korea. This was a Canadian plane and a trainer not combat plane. The American plane was the T33 Shooting Star trainer, the combat version was the P80 Shooting Star. I didn't catch what the character was...
Views: 321   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 30, 2015 5:34pm
by Pete Sampras
Another riddle ala Sparkie Bird
A key, you see, Provides a clue This man's fate Will soon come due A favorite tool Of this man's trade Provides a clue To his charade A close relative plants the seed Which is what Columbo needs Our killer sure has had enough Of this woman's mean...
Views: 278   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 29, 2015 6:39pm
by Aviator Frank
Santini's wrist watch
Hi, gentlemen. I am a fan of Lt.Columbo, from Japan. So, please pardon my poor language skill. In the episode "Now you see him", Please look Santini's wrist watch carefully. At the start of the episode, he treats a revolver. I can see his left wrist, with bla...
Views: 424   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 29, 2015 11:53am
by Pete
bu popular demand another riddle
Hi fans Another riddle Which part of which episode? He searches the ground without any success Something is offered to ease his distress Returned quite soon because of his pride hearing the sounds proving nowhere to hide Best of luck fans
Views: 307   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 28, 2015 6:42am
by Aviator Frank
Death of Louis Jourdan (Murder Under Glass)
Just read of the sad passing of the great Louis Jourdan - star of one of my favourite Columbo episodes and Bond films. http://variety.com/2015/film/news/louis-jourdan-star-of-octo*****-gigi-dies-at-93-1201434557/
Views: 458   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 27, 2015 3:17am
by Bob
Commodore . . . "This is dreadful"
I watched LSTTC last night and forgot how truly tiresome this episode was. And it was supposed to be the final Columbo before they added an additional season - what an awful way to end the series. Surprisingly directed by Patrick McGoohan, the pacing induced insomnia...
Views: 624   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 22, 2015 3:46pm
by Aviator Frank
f
Fred
UnEZ Lies the Crown & Laundry Bluing
I just watched this episode for the first time in a long time. And I came to the same conclusion I did years ago: Wesley Corman is an absolute creep!! He gets so far under my skin its not funny. Not only does he murder Adam Evans, but he tries to pin it on his al...
Views: 383   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 19, 2015 8:33pm
by Eric Paddon
A scene where Peter Falk pushes a door and his dog "killer" is behind the door. What movie was it?
A scene where Peter Falk pushes a door and his dog "killer" is behind the door. Funny thing is that the dog is very lazy and non-violent and he tells his friend, be careful with killer. Please, someone let me know what movie was it? My email is: plprado@sbcglobal....
Views: 336   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 18, 2015 12:29pm
by Ted
i
Ian UK
Would you like to have seen a Columbo/Murder She Wrote crossover?
Would you like to have seen a Columbo/Murder She Wrote crossover? They were created by the same writers of course so surely it would have been feasible?
Views: 265   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 16, 2015 2:22pm
by stephen
b
Bruce
prop cameos
of course most fans are aware of Mrs Melville's famous cameo, and it amused me greatly to discover it for myself, but did you know that there are other recycled props sitting in the background waiting to be discovered? I have a habit of watching the background and p...
Views: 227   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 15, 2015 9:59pm
by Bruce
m
Mike
Columbo's Worst Episodes
I've been reading this forum for awhile now, never posted here until today. There are a couple of episodes that really (for lack of a better word) sucked. The money spent to produce some of these episdoes could have gone somewhere else much more effectively. For i...
Views: 1297   Replies: 19
Last Post: Nov 13, 2015 5:09am
by Jim McLarey
incredibly diffiuclt riddle
which episode? continuity error - oh that tie a trusted colleague who has to lie (note - not the one where the murderess buys columbo a tie) I will be truly astonished if anyone gets this...but somehow I think someone will.
Views: 403   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 12, 2015 3:20pm
by Chuck Mack
w
Wendy
Columbo Food and Recipes
I always wished they would have done more with the cooking aspect in the series, because there are several shows that have a one-off focus on food within their scripts, including times when Columbo or a co-star actually gives a recipe during the show. Fantastic! S...
Views: 5909   Replies: 16
Last Post: Nov 12, 2015 1:55pm
by Jeff
Another riddle
Sparkle birdie bird's riddles were fun - here's one: Here's one clue The shadow knows It's right under This man's nose One star or two Or even three This old performer Was nice to see A detective who stands there loomin' Reminds us of A conning Paul...
Views: 238   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 10, 2015 11:10pm
by Aviator Frank
Why was Columbo so different in S5 Ep3?
Up until Episode 3 Season 5, Columbo was humble and effusive. In this episode, he was surprisingly aggressive, starting with ordering the cops away from the body, continuing with the way he talked to the head investigator, and finally in his interactions with the mur...
Views: 1280   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 7, 2015 1:36am
by Grant
g
Grant
REQUIEM FOR A FALLING STAR questions
I just saw it once again, and I wondered this for the first time. Since Al Cumberland's boat was evidently never found any more that Al himself was, I can't help wondering how Nora got back from going out in his boat posing as him, at least without being seen. I kn...
Views: 301   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 6, 2015 2:10am
by bugs54
another clue to help you
Thanks all those who tried to solve the incredibly difficult riddle. It now requires a tiny little extra clue to help you> The tie reference is to a continuity error in filming.
Views: 176   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 2, 2015 2:30pm
by sparkle birdie b...
Suitably Crowned
Boy, talk about demonstrations of how susceptible I am to the charm of Columbo and for the obvious to escape me. I've watched “Suitable For Framing” countless times over the years, but during the most recent viewing last evening, I noticed for the very fi...
Views: 272   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 1, 2015 5:02pm
by quid_quo_pro
j
John D
Columbo Bingo
I made a Columbo Bingo game yesterday. You can print out sheets or play online. Here's the link. Columbo Bingo It is still work in progress but I tried it last night with my family and it was a success. We were watching Playback and the winner scored 13. Any fee...
Views: 261   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 28, 2015 5:28am
by Mchoy
f
Fred
Music Overkill
The following are just a couple of episodes where the music drives me nuts I wonder if anybody else feels this way? For instance: The over playing of I Sslaw the Light. Later in the episode we hear it in a second version. Also the constant playing of the same...
Views: 281   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 28, 2015 1:56am
by Grant
f
Fred
For a Brilliant Man. Dr. Kepple Makes Stupid Mistake
Why in the world would Bart Kepple, as smart as he is, NOT GET RID OF THE CALIBRATION CONVERTER? I mean I can see hiding it temporarily, but why not just throw the **** thing out? ANYWHERE? Come on now really. Rookie move.
Views: 437   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 25, 2015 2:34pm
by Grant
"Is that the shark from Jaws?"
"It doesn't look like it." Does anyone have any idea why they had that goofy looking toy shark in Fade In To Murder instead of the actual Jaws attraction at Universal Studios? I've always wondered what was going on there. If they just wanted a gag involving Ja...
Views: 379   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 23, 2015 10:18pm
by David C
b
bernie
negative reaction
Sorry I meant negative reaction. What is unique about this episode? I got so excited with how good this one was I got the title wrong. Sorry.
Views: 470   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 23, 2015 9:26pm
by David C
Communal Wardrobe and Props
Hi everyone We are watching A Deadly State of Mind as I type. My nine-year-old daughter has just noticed that Nadia Donner is wearing the same mauve dress as Mrs Hayward in Candidate for Crime (at her birthday party). The next morning, Nadia Donner is wearing a...
Views: 394   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 23, 2015 9:20pm
by David C
'The Conspirators' differential.
As most of you know, MeTV has been running various episodes of Columbo randomly throughout the week. Since I didn’t have it on DVD, I made a point to record “The Conspirators” a few months ago. Because of the barrage of embedded advertisements, I...
Views: 358   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 23, 2015 9:14pm
by David C
j
John J
Continuity error in Murder of a Rock Star?
Forgive me if this has been mentioned before but is there a continuity error in Murder of a Rock Star? We discover that Trish had been driving the murderer's car wearing a mask at the time of the murder to give him an alibi, but how could she have done this when she...
Views: 1245   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 23, 2015 9:07pm
by David C
g
Grant
"Double Shock" Question
There have been many suspense stories about twins, but of course Double Shock surprises you with the big reveal at the end (I'm not describing it here because it's such a "spoiler"). In spite of that, I keep wondering whether there are many others with that particula...
Views: 286   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 22, 2015 2:49pm
by Grant
"FORGOTTEN LADY" QUESTION
I get the time discrepancy caused by the broken film. But when the butler makes his routine reel change after the murder, how can he fail to notice the previous reel is still running (and with a lot of film still on it)? He shouldn't have been able to start the nex...
Views: 235   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 21, 2015 1:32am
by terentii
Pick one murderer to release and one to rot in jail
You visit the imaginary Columbo prison (pen)and are given the opportunity to release one of the Columbo murderers immediately. You are also asked to select one murderer who should never taste freedom. Which two murderers would you pick and why? (Excluding Janet...
Views: 427   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 20, 2015 2:34pm
by Grant
m
MChoy
no time to die is the worst
i'm watching no time to die for the first time right now. i know you've all warned me. but i can't believe it. it's really terrible.
Views: 363   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 15, 2015 6:08am
by Eric Paddon
r
Rob
Volare!
Was in a supermarket the other day and Volare came on sung by Dean Martin but couldn't help but think of the excruciating rendition by Poupee Bocar. Quite simply the worst version of a song I've ever heard and hats off to Danziger for pulling the trigger so early on...
Views: 257   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 10, 2015 7:23pm
by Aviator Frank
RIP Theodore Bikel
Sad news that Theodore Bikel, who was Oliver Brandt in the Bye-Bye Sky High I.Q. Murder Case has died, aged 91. Oh my...
Views: 354   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 10, 2015 3:37am
by Rob
LA Tours
Hi Does anyone know if they do Columbo tours in LA - as in where episodes are filmed etc? Many thanks. Seema
Views: 403   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 10, 2015 3:07am
by Rob
a
Adam
Lady in Waiting and threatening to kill a police officer
I just saw this episode for the second time (I think this was the name of the episode). I think this is the only time I can remember where a suspect ac tually threatened to kill the Lt. by aiming a gun at him. That b$*#) (u know what) should get many more years o...
Views: 931   Replies: 43
Last Post: Jul 29, 2012 9:27pm
by John
Last Salute To The Commodore
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that half the cast, including Falk, seemed to be sleep-walking through this episode? It seemed slow-paced to me, as if there was no real enthusiasm being shown. I don't know--I can't quite find the right words to describe how...
Views: 467   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 3, 2015 6:21pm
by Ginger Daal
riddle
Can any one solve this riddle? The answer is a specific part of a specific episode. Out of puff and snappage too Pointing figure at the murderer true Dazzled by the beauty, puzzled by the burn Which part of columbo? - now its your turn.
Views: 280   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 2, 2015 6:50pm
by Aviator Frank
a
Anon
Columbo Movie in the Offing...
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41553
Views: 362   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 2, 2015 2:37pm
by Shirley Ambivale...
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31