Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Passing of ex-OT1 George Pfeiffer

I received it from Jack Holdzkom and thought I'd relay it to the troops.

I served with George at Arg in the 66-69 time frame. Peggy and I bowled on a mixed league team with George and Rose. So another of our SOSUS family leaves us, filling a slot on that eternal watch bill. I have fond memories of George. RIP old friend.

The name is familiar, but I don't recall a face. Always sad to hear of the loss of another of our shipmates. My sincere condolences to his family. RIP George.

I also served with George in Argentia during part of the 66-68 time frame/ I recall him being a live wire that was really good in the black art. It surprises me that we lost him as I saw him I think at the last reunion and remember thinking that he had not changed much over the years.

Rest in peace Shipmate. Our most sincere condolences to the Pfeiffer family.

John and Pat Ellis

Another fine shipmate and OT has crossed over. Like many, I was with George in Arg in the early 70’s. He was my section LPO at one point and as John Ellis mentioned he was a live wire. I recall he was from New Jersey and still had his accent. George was a good man and good leader and I offer my heartfelt condolences to his family. Let’s all take these recent passings as an opportunity to reflect and appreciate our memories. SOSUS was indeed a way of life and not just a job, making each of us blessed to have experienced what few ever have.

Well said Randy!

WHEN I FIRST ARRIVED AT ARG IN 66 GEORGE MET THE PLANE ON A RAIN AND WIND ARG NIGHT,HE HELPED ME CHECK IN.NEXT DAY HE SHOWED ME AROUND THE BASE. GREAT PERSON.

Visits: