Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Time zone? Where are you guys?

I notice that when I post on here, the time appearing on my post is 2 hrs earlier than my actual time. Is this site set for west coast/Pacific time?

That got me thinking, that it would be neat to know where you guys are. I'm assuming most of you are on the east coast or northeast, that's the way it seems with most of my lgs in the past. I'm in Longview, Texas. It's in east Texas, between Dallas and Shreveport, La.

Re: Time zone? Where are you guys?

Hi Earl, I thought I remembered you being a Texan. Good to have someone from the Lone Star State. I'm thinking there would be some cool, interesting type team names that could come form your area of the country?
And yes, the forum time is set to PST.

I'm from Sacramento. Was born here but was raised 30 miles southeast in a country community called Wilton. For the past 20 years I've lived north of the city.

Pacific time zone as well. I live in Seattle, WA and am from the Eastern side of the state (Spokane). Dick is the other West Coaster (Oregon) so we have some representation on the left.

Re: Re: Time zone? Where are you guys?

Earl... from Akron Ohio. That makes me in the Eastern Time Zone, but the sun sets on me 40 minutes later than Jose (that way I can stay up later to get the scores better than he can)

Thanks, Jimi I was thinking the team name needed to be more to do with Patriot/Revolutionary era times(I don't know why I was thinking that). That will add some ideas into the mix

Kelly,please don't say on the Left.Earl may be in the center but believe me,he is on the far Right.I'm in NJ which is far right geographically but we have a bunch of idiots here that keep voting in the incompetants.Highest taxes,most corrupt state in USA.6 yrs ago we had a senate election & the Reps were way ahead because of the corrupt guy the Dems had.With less than 4 weeks to go the Dams took him off the ballot & put in Lautenberg who retired yrs ago.He is useless but the inner cities all vote Damocratic so he won.Did absolutely nothing for 6 yrs & got reelected.I think he'll be 92 when this term is up.Dam,they just make their own rules.

Re: Re: Re: Time zone? Where are you guys?

Remember the EARLAMO!

Earl: I'm also in the Garden State, along with Ted, in beautiful New Jersey. Well, not so beautiful right now in the middle of winter. Got here in October of 1962, 10 days before the Cuban missile crisis, and went to school here, got married here, etc. Last 28 years I work in the Big Apple; been a Yankee fan since a little boy growing up in Cuba.

I'm in western PA (Bedford county) on the PA Turnpike. I was born and raised in Vancouver, Washington, and I've lived in Montana and Nebraska. I've been here in PA since 1982 with the wife, co-owner of the team, and 47 -- count 'em -- 47 cats. The most amazing thing is my wife actually likes fantasy baseball and practically demands I do research and more research. I mean, try and beat that for a wife !!

Re: Re: Re: Time zone? Where are you guys?

Geez!!! The wife sounds like a keeper, but the 47 cats would have to go... unless of course your supplying the local Chinese restaurant

Re: Re: Re: Re: Time zone? Where are you guys?

I'm born and raise in the DC area. Currently live in Fairfax, VA but don't confuse that with Southern. Northern VA is a world of its own. We supply all the tax revenue and Richmond spends it on what it @#$# well pleases.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Time zone? Where are you guys?

Barry.... sounds like a lot of states. The workers are in the country and the spenders are in the city. The American way. (but then this is a baseball board)

Re: Time zone? The Whole List

Barry - Big Red One - Fairfax Station, Virginia
Bob - American Natives - Akron, Ohio
Brian - Socks Nation - Sacramento, California
Dick - Fly Like An Eagle - Keizer, Oregon
Earl - No Name - Longview, Texas
Jimi - MinuteMen - Sacramento, California
Jose - Yankee Doodles - Lyndhurst, New Jersey
Kelly - Kelly's Heroes - Seattle, Washington
Les & Val - Pleasantville Patriots - Alum Bank, Pennsylvania
Ray - America Roxx - Lincoln Park, New Jersey
Ron - Air Force 1 - Sometown? - New Jersey
Ted - Fitzsimmons AH Generals - Wharton - New Jersey

Re: Re: Re: Re: Time zone? Where are you guys?

At least they have no mice in the house

Re: Re: Time zone? The Whole List

Ron has lived in so many places,I think he's in the witless protection program.

Re: Time zone? The Whole List

WOW! 4 out of 12 in the Garden State ! Maybe we should re-name this league with the All-American patriotic name of THE SOPRANOS.

Re: Re: Time zone? The Whole List

I live in Roxbury Twp but mail comes thru Wharton & I have a Dover phone #.Our section is called Lower Berkshire Valley.