Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sandoval and others

hey Jimi - if i am reading the rules correctly, Sandoval is only eligible at 1B in our league. Is that correct?

If I am then just want to give a heads up to newbies and older managers like myself who forget sometimes that the Couch Manager multi-position eligibility and the OGBL eligibility are not the same.

Re: Sandoval

OGBL rules are that hitters play at least 20 games in 2008 or 5 games this season at a position to become eligible at that position.
Sandoval was eligible at all three in '08. He had 17@1B, 12@3B and 11@C. So, as you can see he did not get the 20 games needed at any of the 3 positions.

Here's what CBS has on it.
Fantasy owners everywhere held their collective breath to see if the hot-hitting, 22-year-old Sandoval would qualify at catcher in 2009 and exhaled a collective expletive when he fell nine games short. He'll qualify only at the much deeper first base -- a development that severely limits his Fantasy appeal.

So for now he is only eligible at 1B in the OGBL. He will need at least 5 games played at 3B or C to become eligible there.

Re: Re: Sandoval

guess I've some studying to do, because I don't know who this guy is

Re: Re: Re: Research:

To get some quick info on players just go to our CBS League Home, under Players click Player Search and enter any player you like.
You'll get everything from stats (both major and minor), to projections, to comments. All on one page and in just a few clicks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Research: To Add....

Remember, our draft is a slow draft. These type of drafts give you ample time to prepare for your next pick, for some of us that's two picks.
The time you get between picks is perfect for researching and so forth.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Research:

Jimi,couchmgr has Sandoval eligible at all 3 positions.Is our draft going to eliminate C & 3B on the Queue because others also have dual eligibility & we will all have to research how many games each one played at each position.I'm glad this came up because I planned on taking him early.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Research:

exactly why I brought it up Ted. I don't think it can be changed specifically for our league rules. Which means we all have to help each other do our homework.

I'd hate for somebody to screw up their plan simply cuz they thought they were picking a player who had more value cuz of multiple eligibility.

Another example I saw was Felipe Lopez who is listed as a SS with eligibility at 2B. In our league, he can only play 2B.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Research:

why the extra restrictions?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Research:

Ted, I think you already know the answer to this one, but I'll explain it. Our rules for a hitter are to have at least played 20 games in 2008 or 5 games in 2009 at a position. This rule hasn't been changed from last year.

There's not that many players that are in question here. Maybe 10 at the most. If anyone wants to find out the eligibility of certain players it's very easy. You go to our CBS League Home, under Players, click on Player Search, type in their name, the player page comes up with all his info, including what position he is eligible for the OGBL.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Research:

Earl, the rule of 20/'08 and 5/'09 is pretty much what CBS uses in all their leagues. This is the 3rd season for it to be our rule for player eligibility.

Every player's eligibility can be looked up very easily on their player page at our CBS League Home. Same page where all their info can be found.