Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Talkin Smack aka Why my team is the best :-)

Just checking out the CBS stats pages and noticed that MY team has the league's best overall batting average (.285), on base percentage (.371) and slugging percentage (.485). Then took a peek at the SP projections and saw that MY team was the only team with 7 starters in the projected Top 40 pitchers.

IMO u guys should just concede defeat now and save yourselves the embarrassment of actually playing the games. LMAO

Please, no replies as to the flaws in my logic, but rather let me know why u think your team is the best. :-)

Re: Talkin Smack aka Why my team is the best :-)

Dear X-Ray... not much a a smacker but let me try....
The NATIVES will march into the final four mainly on strength of schedule as they play in the SOFT WHITE DIVISION. The improved pitching will cover the ONLY weakness the team had last year. Now if we could only find a manager??????

Re: Talkin Smack aka Why my team is the best :-)

Oh My dear friend Ray, All those great stats sitting on the bench... It's the starts that get you the points. Remember points. ARoxx scrached out 9483 pts. in 2008. tisk, tisk. While the Jester's Air Force 1 broke out over the 10,000 foot altitude level. Points Ray Points win it.

Re: Re: Talkin Smack aka Why my team is the best :-)

X-Ray: In our case, it's not what your team does the first 20 weeks, it's what it will do week #21-#25. (our October).

Re: Re: Re: Talkin Smack aka Why my team is the best :-)

Take a look at Ryan Howard's biceps and then try and tell me my team ain't gonna win !!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Talkin Smack aka Why my team is the best :-)

Hey ... CBS says I will score 100 more runs. I will beat them too death like the Yanks. Who needs pitchers? Oh ... wait ... I guess the Yanks discovered you do need pitchers

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Talkin Smack aka Why my team is the best :-)

Guess it's my turn. Thought I'd let you all know that I'm going to have my BEST season yet!
I'm not sure what my record will be
But I know it's gonna be FUN!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Talkin Smack aka Why my team is the best :-)

well, it sure looks like evbody has confidence in their teams. I think we're in for a wild ride.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Talkin Smack aka Why my team is the best :-)

Ray..... you baited us. LOL LOL LOL !!! This league is about the most NON Smack talking league on the planet. (just my opinion) That is part of the reason I love ya all.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Talkin Smack aka Why my team is the best :-)

Blah,Blah,Blah.The White Div.is mine.:)