Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yankee Trivia a can't miss

Who had his uniform #7 retired by the Yanks.

Re: Yankee Trivia a can't miss

Ooooh ooooh, I know this one! Mickey Rourke err I mean Mickey Rooney?

The Mick

Re: Re: Yankee Trivia a can't miss

That would be the kid from Oklahoma with the bad knee's. Another Yankee with a drinking problem (why did Whitey, Babe, the Mick and others have that problem in NY?) On a positive note I have always thought that Mickey Mantle may have had more God given talent than anyone with the possible exception of Ted Williams.

My most memorable, exciting, idol from my teen years; the one player I would keep tuned in even when the game was already decided if his turn at bat was coming up. The one and only Mickey Mantle.

Re: Re: Re: Yankee Trivia a can't miss

the Mick it is.I saw Mickey play in 1951 after being brought back from the minors.He hit 2 balls in the RF bleachers.He was only 19.My father said to me"watch him,he may be one of the greatest players ever to play the game."I was also at the 2nd game of the W.S.against the Giants when he stepped in the drainage hole in RF & had to be taken out on a stretcher.If he played in Ebbets Field he would have hit 1000 HRS.The longest distance was the cut out in RF & that was only 393'.He hit at least 30 balls a year in the Stadium that would have been HRs in most NL parks but were either in the park or caught.