Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Add/Drops - Waiver Wire

The Waiver Wire has been turned on. You are allowed one pre-season roster move. You can now put in a waiver claim with the first results coming out on Wednesday night (Actually Thursday morning between 1:00 and 2:00 AM ET).
If you need more info go to the Add/Drop link on the OGBL website.
The address is http://ogbl5.bravehost.com/

Re: Add/Drops - Waiver Wire

Jimi, I know we are only allowed 1 preseason move, but will it actually let us have more? I want to put in a couple of waiver requests, in case I don't get my first choice. BUT, I'm I'm putting up two different players to be dropped. If I get the first waiver request, I don't want it to also award me the 2nd request. Didn't know if It was set to only allow 1, so I wouldn't screw things up. If it's not set like that, I can wait and see if my 1st choice is granted, and if it's not, then I can put in a try for my 2nd choice. Understand? Confusing I know

Re: Re: Add/Drops - Waiver Wire

Jimi-Sorry for not knowing the rules better. Does this one preseason move include trades? As you probably realize, my team is in serious trouble week 1. I've got two closers and a middle reliever on the roster

Re: Re: Add/Drops - Waiver Wire

Hi Earl, thanks for asking this very good question.
Here's the answer, you get only one pre-season move and there is no way to stop it at one. Each owner needs to do their best to not end up with more than one.
As you suggested, put in your first claim, if it does not go through (results around 1:00 AM ET on Thursday) you can then try again (Thurs, Fri, and Sat.) with results coming nightly.

If by chance some owner ends up making more than one move they will be fined $5000 and subject to the OGBL Kangaroo Kourt.
As commish, I will reverse any additional moves.

Re: Re: Re: For Dick

The pre-season move does not include trades. You're allowed one waiver move as well as trades.