Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
i'm baaaack

OK< boys, i'm back in action. last week (tuesday through saturday) i was sufferin' from food poisoning. Valerie was in Shelton, WA for two weeks and i didn't want to do any cooking, so i bought this huge tub of potato salad and ate it every night with two low-fat hot dogs. does potato salad have a shelf date???? anyway, i was finally feeling better yesterday, and i'm back to normal today. here's my thought for the day: 103 mph and 23 K's in one game. his name is Stephen Strasburg and he plays at San Diego State and may be "major league ready". he'll be in the June draft. the Nationals have first pick. his agent (guess who?) wants $50 million guaranteed. regarding Zack Grienke . . . i think i had him on my team last year, and, looking back now, i can't believe i waited as long as i did to draft him this year. i can hardly wait for that 8-game week. if i read it right, it starts May 11. i'm starting Strasburg, by the way.

Re: i'm baaaack

Glad to see you back and that you're feeling much better.

Re: i'm baaaack

Hi Les, yes, potato salad can be deadly, it's the mayo. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

As for Greinke, he was 13-10 last year with 183 K's in 202.33 innings, but his career stats do not jump out at you. 34-45, 508 K's in 658.67 IP.
You selected him in the 10th round with the 110th OA pick. At CouchManagers his average was 10th round, 117th.