Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Upset at Myself

I made a move (Dropped C.Jackson and picked up N.Johnson) on Saturday night/Sunday morning. That move turned out to really screw myself out of getting a pitcher I've been waiting for for the past 2 1/2 weeks.
KC decided to call up L.Hochevar, who's on fire at AAA. And they call him up on Sunday night instead of waiting until Monday morning. So I put in a claim for him only to be beat out by ARoxx who was ahead of me only because I made that Johnson move yesterday. :(
I do wonder this though. Where is the rest of the league on this one?? All the teams that need another 2X SP this week and nobody puts a claim in for Hochevar.

Re: Upset at Myself

Got to admit, I have a few players I'm focused on but Hochevar wasn't one of them. And I lucked into possibly 3 doubles this week so I was good there. I do understand the dilemma however, I didn't want to use a top waiver position for Chan Ho but I don't want to lose this big week by less than 10 points either so there you go, what to do?

I was hoping that with Mother's day activities that I might get Hochevar, especially since i had picked up Laffey last week for a double and he gets moved to pen cuz of Indians problems there.

Congrats to BIG RED for picking up Coughlan. I would have put in a claim there also, but didn't think he would be eligible for 3B since they planned to play him in the OF. Seems like CBS already gave him 3B eligibility based on minor league play. I missed that part and went for LaRoche to back up my oft-injured Chipper.

I've been watching for Hochevar & 2 start Ps but he never showed up & the rest was junk.I was on early Sun.& didn't make my lineup change til late this AM.All I can do is throw my 5 best starters & pray.Bad week to have only 1 2Xer going against 8 teams.Need my hitters to step up.

This year I decided not to chase 2X pitchers. Don't want to release guys who I like. When (or if) Webb comes back my staff should be in much better shape. The plan WAS to pitch Webb and Lee every week and fill in with the best for the other three jobs. Of course so far the Injuns fail to get Cliff Lee more than one run a game and the very reliable Webb hasn't made his first start of the season. I am treading water trying to be in shape for the play offs. Back from six days of not being able to watch my team take it on the chin, but I got lucky the week before with a 2-2 split.