Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ARoxx/MinuteMen Trade Completed

The first trade of the off season has been completed. America Roxx trades two outfielders, Jason Bay and Justin Upton to the MinuteMen in exchange for thirdbaseman David Wright.

Re: ARoxx/MinuteMen Trade Completed

VETO: Yank lovers are not allowed to have Mets on there team...

It's in Jimi's rule book... Somewhere...?

V E T O !!! WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD I WANT TWO TEAMS IN MY DIVISION TO GET BETTER. THIS IS CRAZY! REMINDS ME OF WHAT IS GOING ON IN WASHINGTON D.C.

Double VETO:

I couldn't beat these guys last year, I don't want them to improve.

Also, I was trying to trade for Wright from MinuteMen so I could trade him to Aroxx instead!

The only thing I see here resembling Washington D.C is the word Veto.
We're talking winter time trades in a Fantasy Baseball league, about as far away from politics as one can get.

This is my first experience trading in a fantasy league and I gotta say it's fun to be GM in the off season.

The one trade might be it for me, but I am still having fun looking at potential trades for other teams.

OK...Jimi, forget Washington D.C. To express myself once again. To have a keeper league and then allow trades is crazy (nuts) if you prefer. We might as well just redraft each year if we are going to have trades. Just start freah and have at it !!!

Ray if you want one more trade I will trade you 15 scrubs for one man of my choosing off your team. What could be more fun than receiving 15 players and only giving up one ????????

Bob, since I'm the one running this show I guess I could take that a little on the personal side, but what the hay, like I have said, we're just a bunch of guys trying to have some wintertime Baseball fun and at the same time trying to make our game that much closer to the real thing.
As for the league trading, you can either join in on the fun, or you can sit tight with what you already have, which is fine. You have the right to feel the way you want to feel, just as we all do.
You've voiced your opinion on the matter, and I respect that. But, so far you're the only one who is opposed to the trading in our league. I've been getting nothing but positive remarks from everyone else.

Jimi... how about a poll? If I am in the minority I will shut my mouth.

Re: Off Season Trades

OK, fine. If it will finally put this to a rest. But, I can already tell you that I know of 7 right now that like the idea of off season trading. So far, you're the only one who has been against it.