Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Team Name

The USS Salem was a heavy cruiser on which my father served in the early 50's. It served as the flagship of the 6th fleet in the Mediterranean for a time. So my team name will be the "Salem Cruisers." The ship is also known as the "Sea Witch" but I was concerned some folks might come up with a slightly altered version of that name. :)

Currently the Cruisers are arranging the draft board for our upcoming number one pick, and since we have a strong need for shortstop, Nick Punto and one of the St Louis "Greenes" (we arent sure which one yet) is at the top of our wish list. Our scouts believe they are vastly under-rated and are due for a big breakout year! Any suggestions?

Re: New Team Name

Like the name and the history, too.

As for your #1 pick, I think u should draft a new scouting staff.

Nice team name, it fits our league theme well! Everything has been updated to now read, the Salem Cruisers.

Good choice for team name.As for your 1st pick any of those would be fine with me as I have the #4 pick & I sure won't be picking one of them.

Nice history and name though See Bitches would have been my choice.

Careful now guys. The ship is supposedly haunted and has even been featured on the show the "Ghost Hunters." Legend has it that calling the ship an offensive name can result in an unfortunate and expedient demise!

Thanks for the history notes on Her... But I believe she has all ready haunted your draft selection... But, if I were you I would not go against my 1st draft insincts.... Grab Punto before I do in teh 12th round...