Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CBS STAT PROJECTIONS

I assumed the FPTS (fantasy points) were calculated to our league.

But, when I checked Kazmir, for instance, they had him at 418 projected with 202 innings, 219 k's and 15 wins.

what am I missing?

forgetting the math for a second, that would mean they are also predicting Kazmir's most productive season in his 5 full years.

Re: CBS STAT PROJECTIONS

Ray, another word(s) for projections can be guesses, or could be's, or maybe's.
Believe me Ray, all these so called "experts" on these websites don't have a thing on us guys who have been playing this game for as many years as we have.
Put more trust in yourself than all the "pros" when it comes to what will happen in 2010.

I agree bout that Jimi, but I was hoping u could answer the math question.

Those numbers that I listed add up to a lot more than 418 total points.

I think it goes like this, you total up his stats and it comes to 529 points for 26 weeks. That's around 20.4 per week. We play 20 weeks at 20.4 per which equals 408.
It's not 418, but pretty close. I'm not sure that is the answer, but it might be.

I added up Lincecum and his totals up fine. I have to conclude that CBS is a little shoddy in their math skills. :-(

Just another reason I don't look at projections. I say this even though I did projections at CouchManagers last year and maybe again this year. He wants me to, but I keep putting it off.
If I owned a crystal ball that would be great, but to actually see into the future and predict how these players will perform, hey, it's a BIG guess for anyone who is doing it.

We are all predicting next year & we all wish we had a chrystal ball.That's why the draft is so much fun.I was happy I stole Chris Davis away from Earl,I actually helped him win the league & screwed myself because Votto was my next pick & then Zimmerman but I lost them both.I agree with you both ,CBS projections aren't worth anything.

Good thread guys... I can't even think of anything to add to it.... Smile