Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trading Deadline

The trading deadline is one week away. On January 31st at 11:59 PM EST, trading in the OGBL will come to an end until November 2010.

Re: Trading Deadline

Didn't we have trading until June last year?

Yes we did Ted. We have switched the trading period from in-season to off-season.

I knew we added off-season trading, but I didn't know we did away with in-season trading.

Well, we had it for 2 years and not one trade was made, not one even attempted. We switch over to off-season trading and we have 5.
Once the season begins the waiver wire opens up and with a 27 man roster with 3 DL and 2 minor league slots, I think all our teams will be fine without in-season trading.
There are some things that I decide on without a poll and this is one of them.

I have seen few in season trades in a lot of leagues...

I really liked the change. It added a little excitement to the off season and, as jimi already noted, no trades have been made to date during the season anyway.

I also could see some potential for trouble if owners disagreed as to the fairness of an in season trade. I like the friendly but competitive atmosphere that we have now, just fine.

Ray it is nice to agree with you.

I like off-season trading only. I was once in a league that there was a lot of "this season" for "next trades" done and it killed the league.

OGBL is not so deep into the talent pool that an injury prevents a reasonable replacement to be found without trading. Of course, if your studs go down you are in trouble, but trading would not help that unless you had an unbelievablly good draft.