Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Socks still around?????

I offered him a trade and he has not responded. Maybe the blockbuster put him in the hospital.

Re: Socks still around?????

So, what was the trade you offered the Socks? That's if you care to discuss it.

He seemed to be short a 6th good keeper. I wondered if he would like Howard & Beltran for Pujols. If you accept CBS projections as reasonable guesses. Howard is only about 20 points less than Pujols. Beltran historically has been about a point per an AB. Sure he is out for a month but that did not stop Mauer from earning the MVP last year and using a 4th OF for a few weeks is not likely to cost too much since our league really is weighted toward the playoffs at the end. Frankly I would not make the offer except if I can't do a 2 for 1 I have to cut keeper (Mauer, Howard, Pedoria, Rollins, Zimmerman, Beltran or King Felix).

If he were to make that trade it would be like trading ARod and Sabathia for Howard and Beltran. Personally, I wouldn't give up Pujols once I had him, but each of us could think differently on that.
I got an e-mail from the Socks with a trade proposal, still got a couple days to think about it.

Barry... Me thinks I know which of those seven will be back in the pool at the start of round 7. But it is sure fun to look at each roster and try to guess which fish will still be swiming come cut down day.

Jimi ... I understand it he gave up a lot to get Pujols. I was discussing a Dootles counter-offer of Pujols & Vazquez for Howard & Rollins that sounded like it might happen when Vaz got traded to NYY. That kind of killed it.

Real question is does he think Beltran is a better 6th keeper than he has and is that difference more or less than the approximate 1 point per week step down in points between Howard and Pujols.

The value of pichers is tricky. They don't play every week and depending on the playoff status of their MLB team they pay or may not be pitching or pitching deep into games when our playoffs are going.

Jimi .... so are you the one holding up the yea or ney on my trade? Do you care to say what the offer on the table was?

nice to see that as the deadline approaches we have renewed activity. I have to say the off season trading has been a success.

I just looked at Couchmanager CC is 43 & Arod 3 for 46 total. Howard is 9 & Beltran is 36 for 45. Lower is better but obviously the drafters would imply they are similar in total value.

Hey BRO,

I'm sitting here with the third draft pick.. Please don't make it any harder on me.. Giggle