Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFF to FLA.

We are leaving tomorrow to try to outrun this coming storm but could be driving right into it.I'll be off the computer for a few days.Should get my keepers in by Sat.

Re: OFF to FLA.

Ted, have fun, but be careful. You can email your keepers to me now if you'd like, and I'll send them to Jimi in a few days. I won't even look. Promise.

Ted, have a good trip and be safe!

I see that you wrote your keepers "should" be in by Saturday. Well, I might be sounding a little stern here, but if there is any possibility that you won't get them in by then, by all means send them in now! I've already got 6 teams with them turned in, it's not a big secret that has to wait.
If you don't get them in by Saturday, you just might bring on some unhappy campers here in the OGBL.

Jimi..let me pick Ted's keepers if he comes up with some lame excuse and doesn't have them too you. ( for the record this is a LOL !! )

LOL BoBo, no way... Let's put Ted's keepers up for a vote.... I love a Democratic solution for a fine Republican like Ted... Giggle

Or we could each take one of his players and let him start from scratch.

Actually, Jimi, Ted e-mail me his 6 keepers before he went to Fla. and asked me to pass them along to you. So here they are : Pierzynski (I think he's a C); Encarnacion (he might be eligible at different positions); Oliver Perez (outstanding Comeback Player of the Year possibility); Carlos Delgado ( see Ollie ); Cody Ross (Breakout year candidate) and last but not least Adam LaRoche - I forgot who he plays for. As you can all see Ted's team will be the odds-on favorite this season.

Yep Jimi.... Ted emailed me the same list just in case Jose forgot to turn it in... No doubt Ted has a hum dinger going into the draft..

Guys, Read This!!

This stuff may be funny to you guys, but not to me. I work hard on all this, putting alot of time, effort, and money into it.
I'm sorry, but it's just not a joking matter. There's more to this than meets the eye.

Re: Guys, Read This!!

Take a deep breath Jimi. It will all work out.

I agree, deep breaths do work. As for things working out, I agree there too.
But, how smooth things go depends on our group of owners. I can only control so much, the rest lies with the members of the league doing their thing.
There's an old saying, "The chain is only as strong as it's weakest link".

OK... Jimi your right. I promise to be serious from here on out. You work too hard on this for the rest of us to be posting jokes and light humor. There is nothing light about it for you and Ted better come though this year from his Fla retreat. I PROMISE, no more jokes till the draft is over !!!

Now I feel bad You guys can still joke around, this place wouldn't be the same without some humor.
I was a little off base, so don't think you can't be funny if you feel like it.
Sometimes I let things get a little serious, and that's when I tend to post something here that maybe I should have let go.

This board has never been censored and you guys have never had posts deleted. So don't let me stop you from posting what you want.

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales. The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small. The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale. Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible....The little girl said, 'When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah'. The teacher asked, 'What if Jonah went to hell?' The little girl replied, 'Then you ask him'

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray:'Take only ONE . God is watching.' Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies. A child had written a note, 'Take all you want. God is watching the apples.'

Ray,

Thanks for the humor break.. Your the best...

Ron

Hey Ron - U know me - a little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants. LOL