Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prospects

Jimi, I couldn't find it on the website, so could you remind us how the prospect thing will work? Is it involving the draft, or is it something we'll do later?
Thanks

Re: Prospects

Drafting guys that will likely end up in the minors is something that takes place during the draft. If you draft a prospect, they will be one of your 27 roster spots. You can not move them to the minor league slot until the season has begun (week #1 at the earliest).
The same goes for an injured player, you can draft an injured player, but you can not place him on your DL until the season has begun AND he is on the MLB team DL.

Great question Earl, I was about to ask the commish the same question. I think I got it now...MLB channel had a good show on the top 50 prospects, the only question I have if you pick a guy and he makes the team, then you might have to drop a guy and pick up a minor league guy.

Let me see if I got it right. Is it TWO prospect spots we have? And can you pick them up off the waiver wire also? I know that would then mean that they couldn't be a keeper next yr, because only players that you've drafted can be keepers. Do I have this right Jimi?

Earl, yes, you could pick up a minor leaguer during the season, but you will need to use the waiver wire and do an Add/Drop or Add/DL one week and then an Add/ML move the following week to get him onto your ML (Minor League) slot.
And yes, if you do it that way he will not be eligible for the 2011 draft.
The two Minor League slots were actually designed to use if/when one of your players gets sent to the minors. You could then move him to your ML slot and bring up a new player.
Some may choose to draft one or two minor league type players in the draft, but if you do so you will have to start the season with them on your roster, then do an Add/ML move using the waiver wire once the season has begun.

I feel I am repeating myself on this, but I don't mind as long as it helps get this rule across to everyone.
It's actually quite basic. We draft a total of 27 players (counting the 6 keepers) to fill our rosters. We start the season with 27 players. No one on the DL or ML slots.

We each will get to use one pre-season Add/Drop waiver wire move (only Add/Drops, no pre-season Add/DL or Add/ML moves allowed). The dates for this pre-season Add/Drop move is between Monday, Mar. 29th to Saturday, Apr. 3rd. There will be NO moves on Sunday, April 4th, Opening Night!!
I will stress this, NO moves on Sunday April 4th!!!