Old Glory Baseball League Forum

______________2008 - 2018______________

Old Glory Baseball League Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
coincidence?

Talk about a guy that can carry your team. I won 3 weeks and they were the 3 times UJ had a 2x. Hum????
Guess I will have to test the theory again in week 12.

Re: coincidence?

Barry... without a doubt UJ has been the star of stars. I should look back and see what round you picked him up. My guess would be round 8.

It was his 1st pick.Ubaldo was my next pitcher in round 2,ended up with Hamels & was very happy with that but Jiminez would have been nice.Lots of Ks.

UJ is working great but my keeper (King Felix) and 2nd SP drafted Wandy R both suck. To think I traded Carpenter because I though Felix was a better stud to anchor rotation on. I thought I built an unbeatable team with all that trading but so far they all suck.

Howard is #11 at 1b; Pedroia is #7 at 2b. My other previously owned "great" infielders also suck. Mauer is #1 at catcher but that is more saying others suck than he has done anything. .319 w/ 2 HR. Zimmerman who lead 3b in point last year is #9 and Rollins is # 51.

My biggest mystry is why team has won 3 weeks and so many games if so few players are producing.

Barry the answer to your question might be that you are a great manager. ** Just for the record this has been a crazy year so far, all of my keepers are bad. Hard to rate them in order but Ellsbury only played one week, Armis Ramirez is beyond bad, Barlett has been hurt and non producer when playing, Utley is having by far his worst year, and the other two Votto & VMart have been in and out of the line up a lot but decent when playing. **

Baseball is such a unique and funny game, Barry. I couldn't justify keeping UJ last year even though he flashed the potential to do what he is doing this season, he was far from a lock.

Meanwhile my no brainer keepers Braun and Hanley are batting .218 and .217 for the last two weeks. Go figure.

We've all been having fun with this head to head format. It seems to simulate the ups and downs of real baseball much more closely than point accumulation leagues.