Return to Website

INTERNET LINKING (M0ZPD SOFTWARE)

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD COMMENTS, CRITICISMS AND QUESTIONS ABOUT INTERNET LINKING (PARTICULARLY M0ZPD SOFTWARE) HERE

INTERNET LINKING (M0ZPD SOFTWARE)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Unfriendly Station

Hi,

iLink and Echolink do some sort of callsign check beforehand, but eQSO doesn't. I hope it stays that way.

Why?

Well, at the end of the day, what goes out on-air is the responsibility of the gateway operator who (in the UK at least) should always be present to switch off in the event of unauthorised people transmitting.

The system admins do what they can, and if an admin is around, he can stop that person transmitting, but in the final analysis, it is up to the gateway operator to be on the ball.

I always reckon it is one of the best things about eQSO that it is not necessary to pre-register in order to use it. After all, you don't have to register to use a repeater - just give your callsign and away you go. I think it is great that eQSO works the same way - and long may that remain the case.

73, Chris

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Today, July 4th at approximately 1600Z, a station with the

callsign ARAB connected to the WASH DC room and began shouting

obscenities in Arabic. Fortunately, his audio level was in the red and most of it was distorted. None of it went out on the Washington DC repeater. I was under the impression that when a new station signs up for EQSO there is some sort of autorized check to ensure the station has an amateur call sign or at the very least

an SWL prefix. Just a heads up.