World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old Man Winter and his Ice Goblins

Is it just where I live or is winter holding a grudge with Mother Nature? I had to bring half my plants inside because it decided to drop to the 30s and snow again for the last two days! It's supposed to get back up in the 50s by Wednesday(keeping fingers and wings crossed). I even had a dream the other night about that where I'm standing in this canyon with high walls and this sharp rocky bridge going over it. On it stood a group of MEAN looking blue goblins with backs and heads that looked like ice points. Pretty obvious, huh? The whole time some voice in the sky was telling me the axis of the sun had shifted and that's why the cold was still upon us. There was some information given about a constellation I can't remember either, that had something to do with it. Maybe the way the planets and constellations were aligned. But it was a certain one. You know I'm going to draw a picture of these goblins and add them to my Elfwood collection...one of these days. There were five of them and they were all staring at ME. Mean and triumphant, kinda smirky. A couple had picks in their hands, probably to stab the eves of our houses and caves to make ice cicles;) Or to stab the sky and create hail. I'm getting carried away here. Anyway, let's all chant: I do believe in Spring, I DOIDOIDO!!!

Re: Old Man Winter and his Ice Goblins

I live in canada and it being ten below (celcius) is perfectly normal this time of year, no wonder i've a fever! .

Wow, perfect timing for this post! I live in Vancouver (Canada), where it barely ever snows, and last night, a snowfall just came And it's Spreak Break next week!

Just some trivia, but I'm only a couple hundred miles from the Canadian border myself, so we're neighbors!

geez the weather here in Northern California was crazy today! There was actually snow reported on the beach..it hasn't snowed here in decades. And it's so cold. My drafty old Victorian house is letting in the drafts somethin awful. I'm feeling very fortunant to have my cat to help keep my feet warm as I type this...
The bluebells are blooming but I think they will be in shock after this cold snap..poor things.

Sunny springlike thoughts and vibes for everyone in this hemisphere!

That's wierd. I'm in Boston where it's usually still freezing this time of year and yesterday was practically in the 70s! W00t! I'm even starting to grow seedlings indoors.

Favorite Froud Book? Goblins

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis