The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Peter Falk honored with Hollywood Walk of Fame star

Obviously I agree that it's long overdue, and I am pleased that it's done, if only for the historic record to reflect, in the public mind, the greatness of Peter's talents and his accomplishments as an actor. It was both NECESSARY and deserved, and now it's done.

That being said, let's give Peter some credit for passing-up this "honor" during his lifetime -- it is NOT as though anyone doubted his qualifications.

In truth, the "Walk of Fame" is a sham in the sense that it's a shakedown for the honorees to donate significant money. There is a fee of $30,000.00, which some stars, to no shame of theirs at all, just don't feel the need to pay for such an "honor". And while I am sure Peter could have afforded the sums demanded for this token, I will be the last to fault him for taking a pass.

Those NOT "honored" on the Walk of Fame include, for example: Woody Allen, Sean Connery, Robert DeNiro, Leonardo DiCaprio, Clint Eastwood, George Lucas, Al Pacino, Dustin Hoffman, and Robert Redford.

On the other hand, those ON the Walk of fame include: Woody Woodpecker (hey, no offense to Woody), and an endless list of obscure names that I guarantee you would never recognize.

None of this is to take away in the slightest from the honor of Peter getting his well-deserved star. My point is merely that the long and seemingly bizarre delay is no dishonor at all. Congratulations, Peter! You are a true immortal, with or without the slab of concrete, but I am glad you have it at last.

Does anyone know if Falk's wife, Shera, attended? I didn't see her in any of the photos and didn't see her name.

right now you can watch the whole event here: http://www.walkoffame.com/

and what the...i never knew that Walk of Fame would cost you that much...and not free....well to the actors...that may not be a lot

Jason, thanks again for posting this. Thrilled to see Dick Van **** looking spritely (after reports of his ill health). Would love to know who the old guys where (three with beards and glasses) over Peter's right shoulder.