The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Oscar Winner Trivia Question

Jeff Goldblum has never been nominated for an acting Oscar - not even for The Fly, sadly.

I believe there's a fleeting glimpse of George C Scott (Oscar winner for Patton) in Make Me A Perfect Murder.

Which scene has George C. Scott?

he is the guy Columbo is talking to in the production booth. You might remember his line, "the only thing worse than a TV lady that thinks she knows everything is a TV lady who knows everything."

He is barely recognizable as Scott, by the way. Very thin looking. You have to use your imagination to see that it is him.

Wow, I can't believe that I never knew that was him all that time, and it wasn't credited, so I didn't pick up on it. I just looked at the credits for Perfect Murder, and James Frawley, the director of the episode comes up in the credits for playing Roark - is that the guy in "The Professional" clip that's running during the murder?

Thanks for the info on Scott.

I just watched the scene. I don't think it's him, although the raspy voice is similar. The nose is not his. George C Scott had a very prominent nose, that was never "fixed". The guy in the production booth has a completely different nose. But I agree the role is played by an insider - perhaps, the show's real life production booth operator.

The hired killer in the black and white movie, "The Professional", is indeed the show's director, James Frawley.

Yes it was George Scott in Requiem for a Fallen Star. He is in one of the scenes where the movie star character is shooting a movie. He is holding a script of some other paper. In reality GCS was married to the co star of the episode, the actress who played the assistant. I think her name was is Pippen Scott.

He was married to Trish Vandevere who played Kay Freestone.

The man in the editing booth in "Make Me a Perfect Murder" (1978)

was also in "Publish or Perish" (1974) as the barman given a hard time by Jack Cassidy.

George C. Scott had a dimple in his chin.

4 photos below.

photo a1_zps5d4b86ed.jpg

photo a2_zps8d84c20d.jpg

photo a3_zpsc301f97a.jpg

photo george-c-scott_zps2d01244c.jpg