The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Make Me a Perfect Murder oddities

The second photo looks like it might be from The Most Crucial Game, toward the end when Columbo was at the stadium pondering Hanlon's "perfect" alibi.

Mitch
Bryce
Oh, thank you, Mitch! That is indeed the picture. If you don't mind my asking, do you happen to know if there are similar production-type photos floating around the internet, or where they can be found? I'd love to see more. Thanks again!

I did a general search on google (images). I found one more behind the scenes photo (below).

photo _1_zps15813b2a.jpg

I think this photo might be from "Etude in Black" (1972).

Or I could be talking a load of bull.

Thank you both for those insights! I suppose in both those cases I'd definitely be wrong about it being in the seventh season. Looking at it some more, the building almost kind of reminds me of Carsini's winery in "Any Old Port", though it's been awhile since I last saw that episode, so perhaps I'm misremembering.

In The Most Crucial Game, in that scene at the stadium near the end, Columbo walks under a little tunnel that looks like the tunnel in the picture. Did Hanlon's escape route in the ice cream truck involve passing under that tunnel? Maybe that is why Columbo was there looking for clues.

I believe that the picture of Falk with the fancy car is Carlos Montoya's Rolls Royce from a "Matter of Honor". I could be wrong but it looks like the background is from the ranch.

Pete
I believe that the picture of Falk with the fancy car is Carlos Montoya's Rolls Royce from a "Matter of Honor". I could be wrong but it looks like the background is from the ranch.

Hence my clue "Or I could be talking a load of bull."

I should have known! After guessing it was Carsini's place, I started thinking that it looked kind of like the area in front of Nelson Brenner's home in "Identity Crisis", where Columbo's car was parked during his second visit. I can't recall at the moment exactly how either Carsini's or Brenner's places look, so maybe those guesses were even more far off the mark than I realize.