The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Did Peter Falk get the credit he deserved for scripting 'It's All In The Game..' ?

Did Peter Falk get the credit he deserved for writing the episode 'It's All In The Game' starring the wonderful Faye Dunaway? This is an incredibly strong 90's Columbo episode and one of my favourites from this late period. The script is fantastic, plenty of clever murdering techniques and personal characterisation. The acting too by Falk and Dunaway is astounding. It could be called be called 'Columbo Falls in love..'

Re: Did Peter Falk get the credit he deserved for scripting 'It's All In The Game..' ?

One of my favourite episodes of all. The twist at the end was a surprise that I never sussed out was coming. I also liked the compassion he showed towards the daughter by letting her go, something he's shown in a previous episode as well (can't remember which one.) He couldn't quite stretch to letting Faye Dunaway off despite his apparent feelings towards her!!

Re: Did Peter Falk get the credit he deserved for scripting 'It's All In The Game..' ?

Chuck Mack
One of my favourite episodes of all. The twist at the end was a surprise that I never sussed out was coming. I also liked the compassion he showed towards the daughter by letting her go, something he's shown in a previous episode as well (can't remember which one.) He couldn't quite stretch to letting Faye Dunaway off despite his apparent feelings towards her!!

I believe the episode you are thinking about is Forgotten Lady. He lets Grace Willis (Wheeler) go because she has an inoperable aneurysm in her brain and probably doesn't even remember murdering her husband. One of the best scenes in the entire series happens at the end of the episode:

Diamond: Shall we go, Lieutenant?

Columbo: It's not gonna take much to break your story.

Diamond: It might take a couple of months.

Columbo: Yes Yes, it might.

It's All in the Game-He lets the daughter go, but not the mother (Faye Dunaway) they were in it together...yes it could be called Columbo Falls in Love..lol! I also agree it was one of the better episodes in the '90's. Some of them are awful!

Forgotten Lady-He doesn't arrest Grace, because he thinks she probably doesn't remember committing the murder anyway and has a terminal disease.

Thanks Forgotten Lady, He was a huge fan of Grace & it would have hurt him to arrest her & see her star publicly fall. He saw no need to pursue her any more. However had she not been terminally ill he would have done his duty with a heavy heart.

Thanks Verdammt,
I'm as forgetful as Lt.C himself, I only watched it about a month ago! A wonderful episode with the beautiful Janet Leigh.