The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vito Scotti

Does anyone know why Vito Scotti stopped appearing in Columbos? He continued to work as an actor for some years after his last Columbo appearance and I wondered if there was some sort of incident. He had not long term commitment that would have kept him away from Columbo. There are a few actors who appeared often (some of the sergeants for example) and we know that Mr Mike appeared VERY often because they did good jobs. I don't see why the producers would not use Vito Scotti later on, especially since he did such a good job in a variety of rolls - store owner, undertaker, hobo type. He did most of his work during the second season I think. Does anyone have any info

Re: Vito Scotti

He played a bar owner in the 80s episode Murder: A Self Portrait.

Don't know how I forgot that. Thanks.

Yeah, i enjoyed his appearances.For some reason i thought he was in more episodes but when i looked it up, he is listed in 6. I looked him up in imbd and i'm sure we've all seen him in many different shows over the years. Check it out....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0780005/