The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Favorite Patrick McGoohan Sayings

Oh yeah and one more from Agenda: "That oxidized relic is yours???" (referring of course to our favorite detective's car)

Also from Agenda: "And all you have is a load of unsubstantiated circumstantial....poppycock"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm8ZfS0Thec

And from "Dawn's Early Light"...The elu-u-usive cider has finally materialized!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1b0haFT8Gk

Also from this episode, I don't have any specific quotes, but it seemed that he referred to "disciplining" his cadets with a disturbing amount of enthusiasm.

This doesn't exactly count since this thread is about lines said BY him, but I wonder how many LAST SALUTE FOR THE COMMODORE lines he wrote?

Nearly my favorite is Swanee's surprising straightforward line about his regular allowance from the Commodore -
"Well, it's called a salary, but who's kidding who?"

GERONIMO!!!!

While not necessarily my favorites, and not really examples of McGoohan's more flamboyant style, there are a few lines in the final scene of "Identity Crisis" that strike me as amusing in a more subdued way...

"You have a warrant for everything."

"So I closed the blinds. What's so special about that?"

"You've lost me again, Mr. Columbo."

"This is an office building, I was in it at night, why should not other people be in their offices etc" (what I love about this line is the intense, unrelenting way in which he delivers it; again, not quite as eccentric as many other lines, but still a lot of fun, I think)

maaahhh jongg

moral junkyard....plastic world of advertising....I love the guffaw laugh he gives at the beginning of that as well..

At the DeFonte speech: "You have the *wrong* *room*." clap-clap-clap-clap-smile-clap-clap