The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
columbo on TV

Just wondering if some of you avid fans feel as I do.

Despite having Columbo at my disposal 24/7 on Netflix etc...I still prefer to happen upon an episode that's playing on TV...complete with commercials....I'm guessing nostalgia is the reason...but somehow those episodes are more "satisfying"....does anyone else feel this way??

Re: columbo on TV

It seems weird, but i kinda know what you mean. I remember years ago i used to look forward to watching episodes on a local channel every Sunday night. Now , they're back again on Sunday nights on ME TV with my cable provider. Maybe it's enjoyable getting back to and remembering that routine i had.

Also, i think someone mentioned in a post a while back, sometimes you'll get an extra scene that isn't on the dvd's as some were cut for whatever reason?

Not me. I hate TV commercials with a passion.

I'm with you. I hate commercials. Though it might be entertaining to watch the original commercials that aired with the episodes. Can you imagine!

Also I must admit that I often fall into a rut of repeat watching only my favorite episodes. So when i do catch a random episode, it's a great reminder that other episodes are just as fun to watch.

I kept looking for episodes I'd watched the fewest times or the least recent. After several searches on Roku et al, I ordered the Complete Series. Looking forward to filling in the missing links.

marc
Just wondering if some of you avid fans feel as I do.

Despite having Columbo at my disposal 24/7 on Netflix etc...I still prefer to happen upon an episode that's playing on TV...complete with commercials....I'm guessing nostalgia is the reason...but somehow those episodes are more "satisfying"....does anyone else feel this way??

Yup. Although I have all the Columbo episodes I want on-hand for viewing at my disposal, the audio tracks are ALWAYS better on TV presentations, despite the fact that we all know how crudely butchered they are for advertisers. That alone compels me to record them whenever they're aired on channels like MeTV.

I'll take 'em anyway I can get 'em. Watched the box set Complete Series and believe there are missing episodes, perhaps even seasons. Anyone know? Watching w/commercials is annoying, but muting makes it tolerable.

Columbo is currently airing at 7:00 am daily on the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel. :)

Columbo is currently airing at 7:00 am daily on the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel. :)

I don't do cable TV Shauna, but non-subscribers like myself might be interested in knowing that Columbo also airs at 7pm Sunday evenings (and sporadically on weeknights) via MeTV.