The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is Peter Falk the man in this photograph?

Hello,

I haven't been to this forum for eons, although I'm still as much of a Columbo fan as I used to be.

I've come across this photo on the net with a footnote claiming the man in it is Peter Falk. Is he? In that case, where does this pic come from?

Thanks!

http://postimg.org/image/6jqmqr113/

Re: Is Peter Falk the man in this photograph?

That may be *a* Peter Falk but not our Peter Falk.

"Lieutenant! I'd like an explanation."

"So would he."

Good to hear from you, Vergara!!

Sorry, I have to agree with Aviator Frank abut the photo. Peter did some movies where he was pretty well disguised, but that face just isn't him.

That is Richard Bradford.

Thanks, Aviator Frank, Ted and Glenn! It's what I thought, that it wasn't Peter. But the caption said so, so I thought that I might be wrong (in fact, it said "Young Peter Falk"!). I hadn't heard about Richard Bradford before, but I've looked him up on the net, and it's certainly him.

Yes, this is definitely Richard Bradford who is probably best known (certainly in the UK, anyway) for his 1960's series Man in a Suitcase. He played the part of McGill, an ex US Spy turned Private Detective. It was a great series and made by most of the same people who had made Patrick McGoohan's Danger Man, by way of a Columbo connection!