The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Some more trivia

Oh No!!! Oh No!! I got it right!!!!! YAY!! and here I thought I was being ridiculous!!! YAY, again!!
I'm not trying to pat myself on the back or anything, believe me, but I have been really failing on all these quizzes and quotes thingys lately....so this gives me a boost in confidence.
JF....you just may have something there....

.........but now that I think of it, Alex Benedict snuck away too.

No, it's not about a murderer sneaking away.

Re: Re: Some more trivia

Something about time . . . the chiming clock in Game, broken watch in Candidate . . . and the timing of the chess game--though I suppose all mysteries have something to do with timing.

Amazing Cassa, very impressive. I will pat you on the back even if you don't want to. I would never have guessed that. And I am still thinking about the first question...

Thanks Paul...when I posted it, I thought it was idiotic!!!

Now let us all just sit here and think of E sitting in his dark parlor, in front of a roaring fireplace, drinking a glass of brandy, surrounded by his collection of Columbo memorabilia..........as he snaps his head back in laughter as we poor desperate folks try to figure out the answer to the first question!!

Thanks, Cass, for those wonderful images. And I think you deserve another pat on the back for your brilliant deduction on the second question!

Here's a little hint for #1...it's not plot-related.

.......my back is starting to hurt!

.......not plot related?....hmmm......

Here are a few more clues to help everybody focus on what I am thinking about...

1. Hooker
2. Snails
3. Juanita!

ok....so we have the hooker in Crucial Game, the snails in Dangerous Match, and Juanita the maid in Candidate........

E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what does this mean?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I'm going out of my Freakin mind!!!!!!!

Wait a minute.......
I think I have a guess. Is it the music? I'm thinking of the scene when Columbo visits Eve Babcock's apartment and there is that music playing. I always liked the sound of it, and I know it was used in other episodes. I think I remember it from the scene where Hayward's wife is calling out to Juanita, but I'm really not too sure.
I am dying to check this out, but when there is a quiz or trivia thingy going on here I don't watch the Columbo episodes involved. That would be cheating.

Yes, Cass, you got it!!! You are on a hot streak lately!

That same piece of music plays during the hooker scene, the French restaurant, and when Mrs. Hayward is drunkenly calling for Juanita. I always liked it, too.

Congratulations!!!

AAAHHH!!!! YAY!!
Thank heavens this is over.........maybe my headache will go away!! (not my Headache2112!! )
Now in Dangerous Match, is it the scene with the snails with Dudek and Clayton, or with Columbo and Clayton?

It's the scene with Dudek and Clayton, but it starts after they start moving items on the table in their chess game (there is some other music playing earlier). That is when Clayton turns off his hearing aid and states "**** music!"

That is also, the first time I saw this episode, when I realized that that wire hanging out of his ear was a hearing aid.

Wow...that's the first time I've ever been censored on this board...it's an odd feeling...I've been a naughty boy!!! It was only the "D" word!!! And it was just a quote!!!