Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Score

1 nil Livi after 1 minute. Blatant hand ball to get goal.

Re: Latest Score

2 nil Livi!!! This could get really bad!!

Looks as though we are playing with Jim Hamilton and Steven Hislop upfront. We will bring it back...

We're doomed. Why are we so bloody hopeless?

It's the third division for us at this rate

2-1 Linn

2-2 craw 72mins

2-3 div muir 75

C`MONNNN....DESERVING TO BE IN FRONT!!!

3-3

3-3 boaby barr 82ins :-(

4-3 jacobs 89 mins

ft 4-3

bollix!!!!

Full Time : Livi 4-3 East Fife

Fu*k!!

we really deserved something out the game today. livi had the fist 18 mins + the last 10 EAST FIFE were all over them rest of the game. wondersave to stop up scoring 4 and howler miss as well

The entire back 4 +goalie are fucking pathetic.36 league goals conceded so far.Totally inept defending undoing all the hard work that is going in to scoring goals/building leads.Soul destroying.L/back is the worst defender I have ever seen in an East Fife shirt in thirty odd years of supporting.Fucking sick as the proverbial parrot!!!PS.before anyone comes charging in saying "but left back is not his position"I would like to add that he is the worst c/half I have ever clapped eyes on too,in both his spells at the club.

Ignoring the above Linoimposter we probably did deserve something out of the game although the first twenty minutes was a bit of a nightmare.
Livi are a decent outfit as any full-time side in this league should be. We were certainly beaten for pace at the back on a number of occasions. We are badly missing Steve Campbell's composure and ability to read the game.
The positives are that we played a whole lot better than 11 days ago. The Hislop/ Hamilton combo up front doesn't seem to work. Crawford and Hamilton clicked immediately and the equaliser was one of the best goals you are likely to see all season.
Robert Sloan has been fantastic for us all season and his performance today allowed us to gradually take control of the game and mount a comeback. Credit to Div and Bobby too for their contribution.
Gutted to come away empty handed but on reflection what a great game of football we witnessed this afternoon. Onwards and upwards.

Never wanted to critise any players in the past but in the last few games both fullbacks have cost us a few goals and a good few points.Its come to the stage even if we score 2 or 3 goals we still lose.
Also the goalkeeping position needs looked at, as good a shot stopper Brown is he does not command the box or organise players around him.
Must say i enjoyed the second half today we played some good stuff but after going ahead we all knew what was going to happen.

I have a totally different point of view. We are East Fife, a football team and win or lose as a team or are good or bad as a team. If something is not working the manager has the power to change it or accept that he is playing the best team he has available. A lot of shouting about how bad things are but very few suggestions as to what the solutions are.
The know-it-alls will express their opinions as to who should be playing and where but these are usually permutations of a limited resource which have probably been tried before.
We lost today which was a bummer but for me we were unlucky as a team,were outplayed as a team, came back into it and were tremendous as a team then lost it as a team. If we start with the same 11 against Forfar it will be as a team which the manager has picked as his best 11.

Not The Other Chairman
I have a totally different point of view. We are East Fife, a football team and win or lose as a team or are good or bad as a team. If something is not working the manager has the power to change it or accept that he is playing the best team he has available. A lot of shouting about how bad things are but very few suggestions as to what the solutions are.
The know-it-alls will express their opinions as to who should be playing and where but these are usually permutations of a limited resource which have probably been tried before.
We lost today which was a bummer but for me we were unlucky as a team,were outplayed as a team, came back into it and were tremendous as a team then lost it as a team. If we start with the same 11 against Forfar it will be as a team which the manager has picked as his best 11.

I'm certainly not a know it all and you won't catch me shouting at any individual unless he isn't putting in the effort. I'm just expressing an opinion from my seat in the stand on where our strengths and weaknesses were this afternoon.
You are correct though in that we only see 90 odd minutes of action on the park and do not know what is happening on the training pitch or in the dressing room.

Hi there, Linoimposter again.Having been to every East Fife game this season and witnessed every single one of the 36 league & 17 cup goals that have crashed into the back of our net to date, I for one am not delusional enough to think its a case of onwards and upwards.The pub league defenders have to go or its downwards and downwards I`m afraid.Kings of the Kingdom?It`s head in the sand fuckers like you and the acceptance of shit players that have contributed to us scraping around the bottom of a mediocre division for the last couple of seasons whilst every other team from the Kingdom are in the 1st Division.

What aboot broon for the 4th goal beat at posted total usless tit + jim hamilton touched the ball twice in the first half.
Stoney everwhere agin - work horse or what....9/10

Always great to see sensible and balanced viewpoints on here

FWIW I thought Brown and Hamilton both had good games. But my opinion is worthless because I'm not calling them useless c**ts.

Gutted
Hi there, Linoimposter again.Having been to every East Fife game this season and witnessed every single one of the 36 league & 17 cup goals that have crashed into the back of our net to date, I for one am not delusional enough to think its a case of onwards and upwards.The pub league defenders have to go or its downwards and downwards I`m afraid.Kings of the Kingdom?It`s head in the sand fuckers like you and the acceptance of shit players that have contributed to us scraping around the bottom of a mediocre division for the last couple of seasons whilst every other team from the Kingdom are in the 1st Division.

Not a very balanced report then for someone who supposedly never misses a game. I've given some positives and negatives in my outline. You seem to be on the point of suicide. Bit of advice. Lie down and relax.
Like NTOC says, offer some suggestions about where improvements can be made.

Jim P a linolicker I dont think so.Jim your right that the left bck is crap but keep the faith man

Not The Other Chairman

The solutions are simple. Ovvy isn't a left back so look to bring in one instead of two more shite 'strikers', Durie has been stinking since his dad arrived so think about giving him a rest so he can take stock and come back fighting. Sloan, when in charge of games, is our matchwinner along with Linn so give him someone alongside him who's going to give him the freedom in the middle, ie Lloyd Young.
Don't play the 2 most immobile centre forwards in the Scottish League together in Hislop and Hamilton, defences must be shitting themselves at the prospect.

Fat Doug you say Hamilton is immobile - I dont think hes that active more movement in a statue.
Twice he touched the ball in the fist half never put 1 tackle in & can't jump more than 4 inch's of the ground.

Had a good second half though. You maybe stopped watching at half time.

a game last 90 minutes mate- cant afford to carry guys for 45 mins.

I don't really see the point in posting anymore but here we go.

Yesterdays defeat was a tough one to take after somehow managing to get back in front only to then throw it away again! On the other hand we took livingston who will be champions come may all the way and the players couldn't give any more.

Onto the actual game, once again and we only turned up for 45mins which needs to be addressed, we have lost far to many points to this and will continue to until we learn to play for 90mins, livi although conceded 3 goals after playing so well in the first half never let their heads go down once and kept fighting which in the end prevailed, I'm not sure how you can get this out of players but Robbo needs to.

It's been clear to see in the last 3/4 games Ovy is not a left back & is costing us on average 2 goals a game ATM, he plays far to narrow and any winger worth his salt will tear us to bits(which bobby bar did) onto the rest of the defence clearly we're missing Campbell's composure at the back but I Don't think Smart & McGowan is as bad a partnership as some have suggested, McGowan does have some shakey moments early on but it's upto Smart to guide him through. Right back now & Durie, hasn't had his best games lately and defending was shocking for the 3rd goal yesterday but over the season has been one of our best players, no need for another signing, only area for improvement would be left back, another option I suppose would be to stick durie left back, div at right back and take your pick between Smart, Ovy & McGowan
for centre half. On another note Michael Brown has been excellent this season & people should grow up and stop waiting for him to make 1 mistake.

Further up the pitch, I thought the midfield played well but quite a lot of the time were sitting far to deep and with strikers with very little pace makes it hard to string together any real attacks. Before the game I couldn't believe Hamilton was playing but I was really impressed by his hold up play and he linked really well with Crawford when he came on.

So we got beat! Results helped us elsewhere and still in the same position, we still have games in hand on 8 teams, I wouldn't start to panic. Aslong as we can get back to the form we were in before the weather took control we'll be fine.

I posted during the week about robbo seeing the light well it was clearly evident yesterday that he must be watching a different game every week than me.How he continued to play ovenstone at left back beggers belief.Surely anyone who knows anything about football could see that the way we were ripped apart down the left side in our previos 2 games needed to be changed. Ovenstone got done for pace the whole game yesterday in modern football a full back has to be quick and mobile. Surely robbo must see the light now and make a change for the forfar game on tuesday.

Highlights up on Livi site

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/livitv.php

Having watched the highlights now, that's pretty horrendous defending on every goal.

The fourth in particular just leaves me shaking my head. What was Ovenstone doing diving in like that?

Some good Fife goals though, but we can't keep needing to score 4 or 5 goals just to get a point or win games.