Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hammy- striker?

Jim Hamilton is not going to get east fife out of trouble by being a prolific goal scorer this is his record for the last 5 years.

2006-2008 Dunfermline 46 games - 5 goals
2008-2009 St. Mirren 38 games - 4 goals
2009-2010 Partick Thistle 9 games - 0 goals
2010 - 2011 Arbroath 7 games - 0 goals
2011 - East Fife 3 games - 0 goals

Doesn't look to promising ...... Does it?????

Re: Hammy- striker?

And he is going to try all the harder after reading all the crap on this site from the wonderful East Fife 'supporters', isn't he?

Lets be fair we aint gonna be signing any profolic scorers anytime soon they are snapped up by more AMBITIOUS clubs and better teams

The loon
Jim Hamilton is not going to get east fife out of trouble by being a prolific goal scorer this is his record for the last 5 years.

2006-2008 Dunfermline 46 games - 5 goals
2008-2009 St. Mirren 38 games - 4 goals
2009-2010 Partick Thistle 9 games - 0 goals
2010 - 2011 Arbroath 7 games - 0 goals
2011 - East Fife 3 games - 0 goals

Doesn't look to promising ...... Does it?????

Nope it doesn't.

Once upon a time we bought quality players, for the foreseable future being these days appear to be over.

I blame the fans

We've not had a prolific goalscorer for years, McMamus wasn't prolific, Kurtis scored goals every few weeks but wasn't prolific, Linn isn't prolific & never will be, I would go as far as saying Deuchar wasn't prolific at East Fife not to
the same level as say McCallister at Brechin, he's a prolific goalscorer. So there's no point in just picking Hamilton out, nobody in our squad is, get over it.

Prolific scorers play at higher level simples

sorry for use of the word prolific , which seams to be the main discussion ... Just tried to show you how poor his record is... thats all.

Realist
Prolific scorers play at higher level simples

Like Rory McCallister.

Andy Miller
We've not had a prolific goalscorer for years, McMamus wasn't prolific, Kurtis scored goals every few weeks but wasn't prolific

That really depends on your definition of prolific, McManus and Byrne had good goals-to-games ratios. As far as I'm concerned that is prolific.

Hislop scored plenty goals a decade ago, but he rarely even comes close to scoring now. Jim Hamilton has never been a goalscorer, and Steven Weir has scored something like 4 goals in senior football.

We have a good goalscoring midfield, but our defenders look more likely to score than our front two now, with Crawford gone.

Don't see why Robbo didn't give Bryce a shot up front. He's a basic player but he has pace to burn, I'm sure he'd have thrived on the service of the midfield with the passes Sloan, Linn etc would play through to him.

The facts may prove me wrong but I believe Stephen Tarditi was prolific.

Andy miller mcmanus scored 44 goals in 88 games get a gip man thats a goal every 2 games i would say thats prolific.You dont have a clue man and if he had better strikers around him he would have got more.

Rory McAllister - 38 Goals in 59 games, that's prolific! A much much better footballer than McManus aswel, Paul wasn't and never will be due to the way he plays. Also it was 56 goals in 139 games actually.

Your talking about 1 player who has done really well last two years who else could you say thats been prolific in the 2nd division as rory mc.Mcmanus has scored goals every where he has been, first year with us 16 goals, then in his 2nd spell 44 goals,I think thats good enough 60 goals in 4 years.Im not saying mcmanus is better than rory mc but im just saying he has alot of goals to his name in his career and will continue to do so every where he goes because he is prolific fact

If he was prolific he wouldn't of spent that amount of time at East Fife, fact.

Andy Miller
If he was prolific he wouldn't of spent that amount of time at East Fife, fact.

You talk some pish at times Andy.

Andy the reason he came to eastfife was because willy gray was paying him a fortune as all has said when he came bck .And also if you had read his story in the program this year at start of the year, He had 4 1st division teams wanting him he and chose malta because he wanted a change in lifestyle and the opportunity was to good to turn down ie money fact

Well said snarf

tam
Andy the reason he came to eastfife was because willy gray was paying him a fortune as all has said when he came bck .And also if you had read his story in the program this year at start of the year, He had 4 1st division teams wanting him he and chose malta because he wanted a change in lifestyle and the opportunity was to good to turn down ie money fact

I'm not questioning his reasons for coming back to East Fife. Maybe he did have 4 1st division teams after him if had gone to one of them the chances of him scoring gosls on a regular basis would be slim. He's a good player no doubt about it but because of the way he plays he'd never be prolific. If he was then surely he would of attracted better clubs? I'll go back to McAllister again, next season he'll be in the SPL or somewhere down south because he has proved he can score 25+ goals a season, something McManus can't do.

Andy Miller
tam

I'm not questioning his reasons for coming back to East Fife. Maybe he did have 4 1st division teams after him if had gone to one of them the chances of him scoring gosls on a regular basis would be slim. He's a good player no doubt about it but because of the way he plays he'd never be prolific. If he was then surely he would of attracted better clubs? I'll go back to McAllister again, next season he'll be in the SPL or somewhere down south because he has proved he can score 25+ goals a season, something McManus can't do.

So the bottom line is, nobody is good enough, because they aren't Rory McAllister?

To be fair to mcmanus he probably would have went on to bigger and better things if he had stayed out of bother few years ago. Mcmanus is 28 now so doubt there will be any chance if he came bck to scotland that he would get move to spl,Unless he banged in 15 goals in the 1st and playing in a good side and good striker along side him. Mcmanus is a good striker and works his arse off for his goals something that other strikers dont do in the game now days. And i have to say i would rather have a player in my team that works hard and plays with alot of heart that mcmanus has.

Snarf
Andy Miller
tam

So the bottom line is, nobody is good enough, because they aren't Rory McAllister?

No, but the reason players at this level are playing at teams like East Fife are because there 9.99 times out of 10 are not good enough to play at a higher level, every so often a player with real quality comes along, a good work rate won't get you a move to the SPL, scoring gosls consistently will & over the past 2 seasons the only player to do that is McAllister, I think he was actually the top scorer in Scotland last seasons, teams pay money for goals not work rate

andy miller you talk out your arse, you know fuck all about football, mcmanus plays off scraps when playing 1 up front, and in a good second div mcmanus scored 25 goals with the rovers, the fact is you just dont like him, so fuck of with your shite wanker.

davy grant
andy miller you talk out your arse, you know fuck all about football, mcmanus plays off scraps when playing 1 up front, and in a good second div mcmanus scored 25 goals with the rovers, the fact is you just dont like him, so fuck of with your shite wanker.

hahahaha! Okay mate. Oh & it's not that I don't like him it's just I'm not as far stuck up my own arse like you clearly are to see that he isn't a prolific goalscorer. I'll repeat myself again, If he WAS he would of been at a bigger club at 1 point in his career rather than East Fife, Raith Rovers, Stranraer & Finally Albion Rovers. Now go get a grip.

Andy Miller In Brainless Slavering Cunt Shocker!!!!!

Andy Miller
tam

25+ goals a season?
the most hes ever scored is 27 for DUNDEE (1994-96) & 25 for Hearts (96-99).So please tell me where he has "proved he can score 25+ goals a season"
If he could score 25+ a season i would class that as prolific which i wrongly put in the 1st post and i corrected.

the loon
Andy Miller
tam

25+ goals a season?
the most hes ever scored is 27 for DUNDEE (1994-96) & 25 for Hearts (96-99).So please tell me where he has "proved he can score 25+ goals a season"
If he could score 25+ a season i would class that as prolific which i wrongly put in the 1st post and i corrected.

Who are we talking about now? Hamilton? I think you need to read through the posts again.

YOUR CONTRADICTIING YORSELF THERE ANDY RORY MC PLAYED IN HIGHER LEVEL AND DONE NOTHING SO THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE SHITE,HE HAS BEEN PLAYING 2ND DIV FOR THREE YEARS NOW AFTER HE LEFT INVERNESS SO MAY BE HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY HIGHER LEVEL.

KNOW IT ALL
YOUR CONTRADICTIING YORSELF THERE ANDY RORY MC PLAYED IN HIGHER LEVEL AND DONE NOTHING SO THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE SHITE,HE HAS BEEN PLAYING 2ND DIV FOR THREE YEARS NOW AFTER HE LEFT INVERNESS SO MAY BE HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY HIGHER LEVEL.

he was a teenager who got a few games in the SPL? Correct me if I'm wrong but did he not score against both Celtic & Rangers? If people like Swanson, Douglas, Gomis, Wardlaw etc...can make the step up then I'm sure McAllister could.

Anyway I'm bored of this now, can't be bothered arguing about something which isn't really relevant, I think McManus is good but not prolific & everyone else thinks he is, fair enough that's your opinions, can we talk about East Fife now?

YOU`RE bored???