IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: This will make you reach for your meds!!

Way to go, Weller....just wait 'til Sabin hears about this.......

Re: Re: Re: This will make you reach for your meds!!

Amen! And good night.......

Re: Re: Re: Re: This will make you reach for your meds!!

Come on Skip, don't be a buzzkill! A good political discussion that I didn't start for a change!

Something to be thankful for.....I don't have to depend on THIS government for anything, at least not yet.....

Best to all...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This will make you reach for your meds!!

No, "Rubber Ducky," you still don't convince me that biiling private insurance for s/c care is the right thing to do. I know that if an s/c vet has insurance, he or she won't see the bill, and that if they have no insurance, they won't be billed directly. That isn't the point. It (to me) is morally reprehensible to let our government charge private entities for care that it (the Govt) is responsible for providing. Blow the VA budget argument. If they need more money, fund them directly. We can afford pork, we can afford bumping up the VA budget. The whole "VA needs the money" argument just doesn't hunt. Likewise, I'll give you a situation where this new billing idea could hurt the vet. What happens if the vet and spouse have insurance, and one or the other gets sick and uses it? Let's say the vet gets real ill, has multiple operations, and his or her insurance company is billed to the point where the insurance is capped. Most policies have a catostrophic cap in them, and they will not exceed it. Now who is going to pay for the non-vet's care? VA? Not likely. I don't think this scenario would play out in large numbers, but it would happen, particularly with the older vet families. No, I think our govt should be responsible completely for providing care related to a service connected disability. It is the right thing to do, despite all the rationalization you might try to throw at it. Right is right, and wrong is wrong, no matter how you dress it up. I also think this is a moot point, as the Administration had its ass handed to it when they broached the idea. I appreciate the Legion. They come through when needed!

Visits: