Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Where are they now?

Abie,
I read something in the Waycross Journal Herald that when a train passenger was asked about the town, they were told it was "Way across there"....

I retire in Sept 2001, after 22 years of Navy service and many memorable tours on both coasts. Just to find the true challenge in life is job hunting. I did a short stint at Lockheed Martin. From there, I changed career paths to Information Security, which my first stop was at PWC Norfolk for a year, followed by 3 years at JFCOM J9, where I was the network security lead. Next career change, I took a Senior Systems Engineer position supporting the War fighter with Full Motion Video from UAVs. I am currently on my 2nd, yearlong deployment in Iraq. I will have to note most everything that I have experience over here, I will have start by saying “You are not going to believe this _____“.

It is really good to read and see how everyone is doing.

Take care

Pete

Today, I'm in London. This weekend back to DC.
Let's see...I was an OTA from 1987-1998. Got out went to ODU for my BSBA 2003. Joined the US Dept. of State Foreign Service 2004.
I've been to: Pakistan, The Netherlands, Iceland,and Iraq.
Currnetly I am a member of the Secretary of State's Mibile Coomunications team. We travel to where she goes to provide communications support. I'll be on this detail until Sept, then back to Pakistan for 1 year. The kids are almost all grown up. William is now 24, Crystal is 17 and graduates this year, and Chris is 15. My husband retired last year after 20 years. Where did the time go?

Alive and well and living in Manteno, Illinois. Retired and playing lots of Golf. Oldest son (chuck) is a GM-14. Brian is a LCDR at Little Creek and Nancy lives in VA Beach. Been married 47 years and enjoying it. Good to read some of the postings here. Keeps me informed out here in Farmland USA. Hope to see all in Sept at the 55th.
Chuck

I was an OTA from 1980-90. got out after being in Arg, Brawdy, teaching A school and NOSC. It was a great 10 years. I ended up being a nurse because of a broken ankle. I had stayed in the reserves in a MIUW and went back on AD as a nurse in 1995. I was at Bethesda, Yokosuka, Bethesda, Yokosuka. I retired Mar 07. I finally married in 2001 and have a son, aged 6 and two beautiful adopted Japanese daughters, ages 3 and 4. My husband is an Info Warfare guy and we are currently at the War College in Newport. Hopefully we will be going to England in the fall. The thought brings back so many memories of Brawdy and I will surely visit if we get to England. I am a stay-at-home mom now. It is the hardest and best job ever. They keep you young. I am going to run a half marathon on May 3rd. Hope I don't keel over. I have a Newfoundland puppy named Harriet. It is beautiful and sunny today here which is great. We already went down to play in the water off Fort Adams. I am on Facebook. I really loved being an OT, it changed my life and world view. Thanks for posting and allowing me to read and remember! Take care.

Retired from NOPF in 94. Got a degree in electrical design. Worked for a small design firm in State Collage, PA. Designed some cockpit speaker systems for Boeing AC. Moved to Erie, PA in 98 and started working for GE Transportation Systems, we build locomotives. Am running the on-site helpdesk. Have about 8k users and 40 servers. Have two boys. Nick is 21 and a junior at Slippery Rock U, studying Forensic Psychology. Andrew is 17 and a junior in high school, thinks he wants to be a teacher. That is, this week anyway.

Nice to see some familiar names.

Was stationed in Brawdy 79-81, Adak 81 -82, Japan 82 - 85, Taught OTA/Surtass 85 - 88. Graduated with BS in 94 and MBA in 2001. Director of Cardiology now at large hospital in midwest. Keep in touch with Dennis Adams OTA2, Dave Muckerheide OTA2 (work with him), Alex Wilhelms, Efrain Sola. See ya in Sept.

I'm a self employed software developer with my focus on the beer industry. I live in San Antonio, Texas.

See you there Tim!!

See ya. Plan on drinking some of that beer you develop software for.

Just to keep a great thread going ... I've seen a number of names from my past while few of you will remember me (being a RM2 at Pt. Sur and San Nicolas 1973-1975)

These days I am the Director of Operations at a worldwide air charter company in Southern California. We operate an eight ship fleet catering mostly to the Hollywood types. I am captain/check airman qualified in the Gulfstream IV, V and G550.

My wife Michelle, 2 sons and a very large cat live just north of the San Fernando Valley (burning today, again).

If you're around SoCal, dial me up via email (stuschrock@sbcglobal.net) ... diner's on me ... I love to share memories with my old shipmates from a most formative time in my life.

Stu

I was stationed at SNI from December 1973 through July 1975.

At the time I started my OWO was Lt.jg. J.A. Tompkins. OT2 Mike Legan was my supervisor and we had Kenny Leighton, Robert "Buster" Graham, and Mike Card in our section. I remember OT3 Pat Wheaton, WO Stony Stoneking, RM Conrad Jackman, Phil Jarvis, Ens. Cyndi Paul, LCdr Woody Woodford (Woodward?), RM Chico Lopez, and a few others.

I was at SNI as an OT. Robert "Bob" Rose.

When I was transferred from SNI, I traveled to NavFac Barbers Point, Hi. I was there from July 1975 through June 1977. Mustered out as an OT2. My section included OT's Melanie Johnson, Corky Nelson, and my memory fails me, there was a husband and wife team as readers. Anthony Duplessis of New Orleans was our Radioman. Our watch officers kept changing and I just can't recal them. I know Margaret Wheaton was there for a while.

Re: Where are they now - OTA2 Robert "Zeke" Velez

Greetings!

Gotta love teh INTERNETZ! Just found this site, so I thought I'd put my thing down . . .

Got married in Hawaii in 1993 while stationed at CUSP. Left the service June of that year. Moved to Minnesota in January 1994.

I have three kids; one of whom recently graduated from Marine bootcamp (Courtney, 21), and two of whom live in Chicago, IL with their Mom. I live in Saint Paul, MN and will be graduating with a degree in social science this December just shy of my 40th birthday.

I work for Hennepin County Human Services in the Child Support Division; making sure that court ordered child support gets to kids. I will be applying for several political science PhD programs this fall and hope to be admitted for Fall 2010 admission.

You can find me on facebook as well!

Best,
Bob Velez

Visits: