IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WHO WAS YOUR FIRST WATCH SECTION CHIEF?

I know I'm gonna get this kinda wrong.. His last name was Goldberry, (I think).. And I'm pretty sure his first name was Dan. And to further stir the murkiness, I believe my first watch LPO was Jim Ciolek. If anyone knows Jim, maybe he can correct me on the Goldberry name. Pt. Sur, 1972 -73..... Jim, remember throwing flaming rolls of toilet paper at us?

Larry,

I believe you're thinking about Dan Roseberry. I was stationed with him in 1970 at NAVFAC Keflavik. He was in OTEC and Maintenance school in Key West in the 1975-76 time frame while I was on instructor duty.

How have you been?

Denny

Chuck Cable! NavFac Eleuthera (78-79). I was a newbie in the rate. I do have some good memories of my time in his section.

I got there a bit later Tim as I had to paint the entire Q before they would let me be an OT. I'm not sure who the chief was or that there was one when I got there with you. I remember Ed. Silver working me to death in there. Was there a watch section Chief when I got there or just OT1 Silver ?

My first was Chief Lowe from L.A. (Lower Alabama)Adak 1986.

My first section Leader was OT1 Dick Moran. That was in 1968 in Bermuda. Other section members were: Walt Jackson, Marty Sorenson, Bud Smith, Terry Losey, Fred Hays, Chester Cizio & a few others. Our Watch Officer was Ens. Bradley. The Chiefs were all dayworkers. Those I remember were Chief Smith, Chief Skinner, Chief Widenor & Chief Betz. What a great time that was. Bermuda was my first NAVFAC and I enjoyed working with everyone there.

Hey Walt DeRosia, that is a name I havent heard in a while. I used to relieve you on EasyI, whenever I made it into work on time. You worked with Wanebo and Wasserman too didnt you? I remember Marti Sorenson, that guy had more energy than anyone I had ever seen. He was like a rubber ball bouncing from the plot to DAC to the beams and back. Really high energy. Those were really good times. I think My OWO we Ens Chip Pease. We use to give a hard time with that last name. Frozen Peas, etc.

Hey Hal. It has definitely been a while. Is there a listing for contact information of all our shipmates who we may have accounted during our tour? I live in Minnesota and it would be great to reunite with our friends who are close.

Chester: Sent you an email.

Visits: