Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: OTA RATING INSIGNIA

Anne I think your best bet is to go to an embroiderer and have one done up. You can get a copy of it from some of the websites on google and then try to have them makeup just the rating badge or just the rating patch of the trident and waves from the rating badge. when we had our association patches (which you can get by becoming a member) we used a place called perfect patches.( http://www.perfectpatches.com/) and they may be able to help you. why dont you just join the association for a small fee and get a patch and a decal of our logo which is shown in detail on the message boards up at the upper right hand corner as wallpapers. Or you could buy a rating badge and send it to them and have them copy the trident from the patch. actually you could take any of your old rating badges to the embroiderer of your choice and they could copy it. But you would get a lot more for your buck if you joined the association. It is real simple, just follow the return to website link above. It will get you to where you can get all the information you need. Feel free to write to me at email listed. Hal

Hal,

Thanks for the good advice. John has a metal insignia he is going to send me. I didn't think it would be so hard to find.
I had no idea this association existed. I plan on joining the association and trying to find some of my old OTA shipmates.

Annie

Glad you found what you needed and am really glad I convinced you to join. I think I get points for new members. Hal

Anne Kreiner
Good Morning,
My name is LNC(SW/IUSS) Kreiner. I was an OTA from 1990 until the merge with the Sonar Tech timeframe. I retire this December and am looking for a OTA rating insignia for my shadowbox and cannot find one anywhere. Any help would be great.
By the way, this website is great.

Anne Kreiner

Anne,

If you're talking about one of the metal OT rating pins (Trident with 3 waves), I've got one I'll send ya. Shoot me an email with particulars of where you want it sent and I'll put it in the mail.

John Costner

John,

The metal trident is exactly what I am looking for. You can send it to:

Anne Kreiner
2113 Everton Lane
Virginia Beach, Va 23456

Thank you very much!!!!

Anne Kreiner

Last time I looked, they were available on eBay, search for navy rating badges.

Thank you very much.

Anne, like John, I have one of those metal OTA rating insignias. I was in the uniform shop at the Kings Bay NEX around 2003 and I was so surprised to find one still around that I bought it. Maybe for some shadowbox that never materialized! I also have a few cloth crows (CNT white and working blue, all male size). If you would like them, send me an email.

Brett,
You guys are so nice. I appreciate the offer, but I think John is going to send me his. Thanks again.

Anne

Anne,

I'll put it in the mail on Monday.

John

So Anne, since you got your insignia issue resolved, I have to ask, what prompted the move from OTA to LN? Have to say that isn't a change that happens often.

Chip, I was the career counselor at NAVFAC Keflavik during the rating merger, and pretty much every OTA and OTM (including myself!) was scrambling to find their ideal rating. I remember we had a lot of people wanting to be LNs, but I only know of one who actually met all the qualifications and did it.

Anne, congratulations on your upcoming retirement!

What is an LN?

According to google,it is like a paralegal. google Navy rating LN. to read the full description

Legalman.

If anyone else has one they want to depart with, I'd like to give it a good home. Will pay for s&h...

Thanks,
Suzy

Sorry Suzy, I sent my last one to Anne. Of course she never aknowledged receiving it, but that's another story.

Ann,

I am an ex OTAer. NAVFAC Adak and San Nicolas 1970 to 1974. My wife has an embroidery business and has recreated San Nick and OT patches for me. I'm sure we could help you out. If interested, just let us know.
Bob Ford, OT2
soulmanon2@sbcglobal.net
www.starzleather.com

I was stationed at SNI from December 1973 through July 1975.

I remember your name. At the time I was in Lt.jg. J.A. Tompkins section. OT2 Mike Legan was my supervisor and we had Kenny Leighton, Robert "Buster" Graham, and Mike Card in our section. I remember OT3 Pat Wheaton, WO Stony Stoneking, RM Conrad Jackman, Phil Jarvis, Ens. Cyndi Paul, LCdr Woody Woodford (Woodward?), RM Chico Lopez, and a few others.

I was at SNI as an OT.
We didn't have OTA's or OTM's.

We were just OT's
I would love to get a San Nicolas Island patch. Please let me know if you still have them. Did anyone ever make a NavFac SNI ball cap?
Robert "Bob" Rose.

Bob,

My wife has an embroidery business and she made up a San Nic patch for me. Her website is www.starzleather.com. You can contact her through the website or her email is bt2boop@sbcglobal.net. Her name is Betty and she would be happy to run one off for you or anyone that wants one.

Bob Ford (OT2)
San Nicolas, 1972-1974

Thanks. I'll get in touch with her.

Visits: