Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Time flies

Happy Bday Randy.(youngster). I turn 70 this year. Smokey has me by several... Pretty soon you'll qualify for Social Security (if they still have money).
chuck

Happy Birthday Randy! Speaking of "how did that happen", how did I get to be older than you?

Last time we argued about a contact was about 33 years ago. Seems like only a few decades since!

Happy Birthday Chief Scott!

O.K. - First of all.....Happy Birthday Randy !! Now I'm going to make you (and all those who have also replied) feel REAL GOOD !! I will be 72 in about 3 weeks - have 9 grandkids (oldest is 31) - have 8 great-grandkids (one more on the way in July). Can't think of a better way to have spent my younger years (20-44) than my time in the Navy - particularly thankful for all the friends we made (many, many of whom we keep in close contact - visit when we can) and the memories we made. This year, on my birthday, I will be once again giving the "command brief" - but this time to my immediate family members. None of them (except Linda) has been privy to any of what I did during my years in the Navy - they are about to learn !! Best to all...........Irv (Dee - to some)

As mentioned in some notes above, you were an inspiration to many of us - myself included. I am sure I would not have been as successful in my own career if not for your tutelage and patience. I would also be remiss if I did not mention that you certainly sent apprehension through many when you walked on the watch floor to see what was missed the night before; made us all better analyst.

If I have not thanked you in the past I do so now. Wish I was there to toast you – I will lift up my wine tonight in your honor. 60 how did you get to be 60 and so much older than I am?

Thank Chris for us for putting up with you for so many years.

"Happy Birthday Randy" - Of those that have replied thus far - I think my time has been flying the longest... 75 years and 4 months... But I'll admit, I do more glideing now than flapping... Starting my 57th year in SOSUS/IUSS this March. Always, Ed Smock

First "Happy Birthday Randy". Its great that all the young guys and girls remember you in your old age. Ed even remembers you. You got me beat by a few months Ed.
Marshall

Thank you for all the nice wishes! Jim and Jane, I am flattered by your comments but I'm suspicious you made it all up to sooth my soul about being 60! :) Chris won't be 59 till May so I'm still married to a younger woman....

Happy Birthday Randy. I turned 64 last Nov. and joined the Navy 47 years ago last week. I'm still trying to figure out where the time went. Wishing you many more.

Happy birthday old man.
I never realized that Deb was older than you. She just turned 60 on the 9th of this month. You are a huge part of those memories my friend. Those days were some of the best days of our lives. The best family there could possibly be. Be well and give my best to your lovely bride.

Hi Randy,
Congrats on your birthday. heres hope that the next sixty years will be better than the last. I just turned 57 in January so you have me by a few. Working with you and the rest of the folks at BDA was one of the best tours of my career. Tell Chris that Pat and I say hi.

Warmest Regards form Las Vegas,
Bob Ainsworth

Hey Bob,
I agree, Bermuda was a great tour which for the most part included a great bunch of people. Had any "Fung Lunctions" lately? Hope all is well with you and Pat.

John

Happy birthday Randy. Doesn't hardly seem possible that so many years have passed when you and Chris were my neighbors at Argentia. Hope you have another 60 still in front of you. Regards Mark

Happy Birthday, Randy! I have just a little more "time in rank" than you as I'll turn 62 this year. My wife and I will both retire from teaching school this June and are looking to spend more time with our young grandkids. I hope to see you at the next IUSS Reunion.

Bill Turner
USN 1968-72
KEF and COSL

Randy Scott - 60 years old! Wow! How has this happened? I haven't seen Randy in about 30 years, so my memories are still of the young, handsome lad making a serious difference at CVB. You are frozen in time my friend, in your SOSUS prime. No...Randy can't be 60, can he?

Congrats Randy - have a great time with your family, and many happy returns.

Thanks, George. I can remember you posting notice of your 60th on here, you walked the Golden Gate to celebrate, as I recall. It has been 30 years, since I left CVB to go back to Kef in April 81. Here's to another 30 years for all of us! :)

Thanks, Mark. Chris and I were a whopping 18 and 19 years old then and that baby girl we had is now 40. You're old! lol

Got that right Randy, 69 in April.

Congrats Randy, seems like just a few weeks ago that I bought that 1973 Land Rover from you up in Kef...those were the good old days...I think that was 1977???

Jim, prob 1978, when I left Kef. Man, that's a long time ago!!

Yeah you're probably right, my first time up there was 77-79, so I knew that was close...

It's amazing how fast time flies. It's hard to believe it'll be 12 yrs in August since I retired. But the memories are still fresh. I can vividly remember a certain QA officer at Keflavik in 1982 whipping a certain OT3 into shape and for that he's eternally grateful.

Ray, I think the OT's actually whipped me into shape ;) Thanks, my friend.

60... just a youngster...

I look back everyday to the best times of my life. I do so knowing that, unlike many young people today, what was accomplished really made a difference in world events. So many non-military folks long to be able to have that feeling, just as many young military men and women know that what they are doing will have meaning and influence far beyond their time of service.

Visits: