Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Time flies

Hey Bob,
I agree, Bermuda was a great tour which for the most part included a great bunch of people. Had any "Fung Lunctions" lately? Hope all is well with you and Pat.

John

Happy birthday Randy. Doesn't hardly seem possible that so many years have passed when you and Chris were my neighbors at Argentia. Hope you have another 60 still in front of you. Regards Mark

Happy Birthday, Randy! I have just a little more "time in rank" than you as I'll turn 62 this year. My wife and I will both retire from teaching school this June and are looking to spend more time with our young grandkids. I hope to see you at the next IUSS Reunion.

Bill Turner
USN 1968-72
KEF and COSL

Randy Scott - 60 years old! Wow! How has this happened? I haven't seen Randy in about 30 years, so my memories are still of the young, handsome lad making a serious difference at CVB. You are frozen in time my friend, in your SOSUS prime. No...Randy can't be 60, can he?

Congrats Randy - have a great time with your family, and many happy returns.

Thanks, George. I can remember you posting notice of your 60th on here, you walked the Golden Gate to celebrate, as I recall. It has been 30 years, since I left CVB to go back to Kef in April 81. Here's to another 30 years for all of us! :)

Thanks, Mark. Chris and I were a whopping 18 and 19 years old then and that baby girl we had is now 40. You're old! lol

Got that right Randy, 69 in April.

Congrats Randy, seems like just a few weeks ago that I bought that 1973 Land Rover from you up in Kef...those were the good old days...I think that was 1977???

Jim, prob 1978, when I left Kef. Man, that's a long time ago!!

Yeah you're probably right, my first time up there was 77-79, so I knew that was close...

It's amazing how fast time flies. It's hard to believe it'll be 12 yrs in August since I retired. But the memories are still fresh. I can vividly remember a certain QA officer at Keflavik in 1982 whipping a certain OT3 into shape and for that he's eternally grateful.

Ray, I think the OT's actually whipped me into shape ;) Thanks, my friend.

60... just a youngster...

I look back everyday to the best times of my life. I do so knowing that, unlike many young people today, what was accomplished really made a difference in world events. So many non-military folks long to be able to have that feeling, just as many young military men and women know that what they are doing will have meaning and influence far beyond their time of service.

Visits: