Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Navy Hails Bill Cosby as Honorary Chief Petty Officer

How many of you recall the 78 recordings made by Bill Cosby?? - especially hilarious was the one about the submarine returning from an extended patrol - where he voiced some of the following quips (not exact quotes) "This is the Captain speaking ---- You all know I can take a joke as well as the next person, but whoever took the XO, would you please return him to the wardroom??" ----- or how about -------"We are now at periscope depth and soon will be looking upon the familiar skyline of New ....RIO de JANEIRO !!!???"
Yeah, he is one funny guy. Wonder if he would maintain the same of humor if he were lucky enough to undergo a Chief's Initiation?? ------just a thought..........!!

After reading his comments to the youth of America I suspect he would understand and appreciate the true meaning of the initiation. Bill Cosby has always had "perspective" that only comes from military sacrifice.

Rick - totally agree. The last part of my posting about the CPO initiation was intended as a "tounge-in-cheek" comment, perhaps to provide some thought as to all the "hullabaloo" about these initiations in recent years - not to be taken seriously, which I can tell - you did not. Be well-------Dee

Discussions with association members indicate an Honorary Membership in the IUSS Caesar Alumni Association for Mr. Cosby might be in order. Just throwing that out there. Any thoughts?

Didn't see any mention of "Truth Serum". Maybe that issue should be explored.

Nick

Good thought Jim...

Seems our membership isn't exclusively Ex-OT's. He was stationed at one of the Sites and I believe the main requirement for membership is to have an interest in what IUSS does and accomplished. If you are taking votes enter mine in the affirative.

Sounds appropriate to me.

After a bit of research we have determined that Mr. Cosby was not stationed at Argentia during NAVFAC Argentia's operations. NAVFAC Argentia wasn’t commissioned until Oct 1959, and didn’t become operational until Aug 1960. Mr. Cosby was discharged from USN in 1960 and Argentia was not his last duty station; that was NavHosp Philadelphia.

We will not be making him an honorary member of the association.

Jim Donovan
Director IUSSCAA

The truth will out.
Marshall

Visits: