Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sad News - Joe Utterback

Cyndi,

I just got the news and am heartbroken - too soon for somebody who carried fun around in and on him like some people wear clothes or carry tools. He was fun. Thank goodness his spirit lives on in memories of the world's most obscene ORE briefing. Every time I heard that story told, I laughed.

Smiles, Cyndi. We all love you girl.

Skipper, out.

Cyndi-so sorry to hear about Joe-I hope you're doing all right.
It's been a while since I heard Joe's offbeat humour. I can see him now with St Peter at the pearly gates..."Hey! Have you hear the one about...". Pax Joe!

Rest in eternal peace, Joe. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and with Cyndi and your children.
- Jim and Kathy

This is very sad news. My thoughts go out to Cyndi and her family. May God give you and your family strength during this difficult time. RIP Joe.

My condolences to you, Cyndi. TOM

Cyndi - We are saddened to read of Joe's passing. We have the fondest memories of both of you and will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Our thoughts and prayers will always be with the Utterback family.

Buddy & Sue

What a sad day for our SOSUS family. My prayers go out to Cyndi and kids.

Cyndi,

Joe was one of a kind, and you two made a perfect couple....The world is a darker place for me now, knowing he isn't in it somewhere...pulling pranks of folks.

Cyndi and family, I am so very saddened to hear about Joe's passing. You two will always kind of frozen in time in my mind, 2 fine, young people in Kef. I can easily recall seeing Joe laying on a plotting table, working on a position..... It's obvious by this thread you're not alone and we will all have you in our hearts and minds.

Randy

Joe was one of the funniest guys I have ever known. There wasn't a day that I worked with him that he couldn't make the whole section laugh. Truely one of a kind.

Another outstanding shipmate has passed out of our community, Joe will be truely missed. Please accept our sincere condolences to Cindy and family.

Another hole in our system has resulted with Joe's passing.
Cindy, please accept our sincere condolences for you and your family.

Gil and Kris

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayer is for strength during this loss for the family and friends.
Marshall

When I first read this I just couldn't reply. man this is a sad time. I never thought I would be on this earth longer than Joe. Cyndi, our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. He has gone ahead to "scope the place out" and we'll all meet up again one day.

Cyndi - For the last 5 minutes, I have just st hear looking at this stupid screen, not knowing what to say...or wanting to say something that truly captures the feeling of loss...Jesus - I am so sorry for you and your family, sweetie. He was a good man.

Thank you all for your kind words and sympathy. Joe will be missed - that is for certain.

Missed, and never forgotten!

Cyndi, My prayers are also with you and your loved ones at this time.
Paula Anne Lichvar

I was so deeply saddened to hear about Joe. Cyndi my most heartfelt sympathies,thoughts and prayers are with you and your children during this difficult time.

George Willis

Hi George,
I found this sight whiling trying to get reacquainted with people from Brawdy Wales. You were in our wedding party
my email address is jrunner4@aol.com
Hope to hear from you cell is 413 464 3561

Like everyone else, I have the fondest memories of Joe. I am so grateful, Cindi, for the tour we had together in Iceland. Great times at your house and the club, never short of great company and constant laughs, courtesy of Joe, that still make me feel good.

All our love, Denny and Kathie

Cyndi,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't know Joe but based on all of these posts he must have been quite a guy.

Rick

I am also lost for words, another great person taken from us so early in life. Cindy may you and your family have the strenght to get through this very difficult time. Sharon and I will say a prayer for you and a welcome to heaven prayer Joe tonight.

Ed and Sharon Snyder

Cindy . . . our sincere condolences to you and your family. We are deeply shocked and saddened by your loss. Joe was an amazing guy, well loved by everyone who knew and worked with him. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Tim & Marilyn

So sorry to hear of Joe's passing. I did not know him well but I do remember he was a good guy.
Cindy, please accept my sincere condolences for you and your family.
John Honeycutt

Just got back from a month-long visit with Family in California & read about Joe on our IUSS MSG Board. Walt & I are so very sorry to hear about Joe's passing. Joe was a "one of a kind" treasure. :-) What a wonderful sense of humor he had. I am blessed to have known & worked with Joe. Dear Cyndi, please know how very sorry we are for your loss. You & your beloved Family will remain in our hearts, thoughts, & prayers. Much LUV & Many HUGS!!! Pat & Walt Hogge in Bremerton, WA.

Visits: