IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Response from Sen Jim Webb (D-VA) regarding Cold War Medal Service Act request

Thought you would be interested in Senator Webb's response to my letter of 28 January, 2011.

Jim Donovan
CAPT USN (Ret)
Director, IUSSCAA

29 March, 2011

Dear CAPT Donovan:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the Cold War Medal Service Act of 2009 (S. 2743). I appreciate your taking the time to share your views.

The Cold War Medal Service Act recognizes the courage and sacrifice of millions of Americans who served during the Cold War, a period that resulted in one of the greatest strategic victories in the history of the United States. This bill authorizes the Department of Defense to issue a Cold War Service Medal to any honorably discharged veteran who served on active duty for not less than two years or was deployed for 30 days or more during the period from September 2, 1945 to December 26, 1991. I am pleased to be an original co-sponsor of this legislation, and I will continue to work with my Senate colleagues towards its passage. It was introduced on November 5, 2009, and has been referred to the Senate Committee on Armed Services, where it is under review.

As the son of an Air Force officer, the father of a marine, and a Marine combat veteran myself, I understand the sacrifices that our service members and their families make. I have worked on these issues throughout my life, and they continue to be one of my top priorities as a member of the Senate Committee on Armed Services.

As the 111th Congress continues to address issues related to our men and women in uniform. please be assured I will keep your views in mind. Your correspondence is helpful to me and my staff, and I hope you will continue to share your thoughts in the years ahead.

Thank you once again for contacting my office.

Sincerely,
Jim Webb
United States Senator (Virginia)

Re: Response from Sen Jim Webb (D-VA) regarding Cold War Medal Service Act request

Meh. I guess that was a nice (canned) response, but Jim, not half as eloquent and personal as your letter!

Visits: