IUSSCAA Posting Guidelines

IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Retirees will get their checks in the event of a shutdown of government.

This is an excerpt from something I received this morning. I hope it is true. I am still trying to verify the link....

IMMEDIATE RELEASE No. 282-11
April 07, 2011

Deputy Secretary of Defense William J. Lynn III Message to DOD Workforce on Potential Government Shutdown

Military, Civilian, and Retiree Pay

"If the government shuts down due to the absence of funding, the DoD will have no funds to pay military members or civilian employees for the days during which the government is shut down. However, both military and civilian personnel will receive pay for the period worked prior to the shutdown. Military personnel, and civilians occupying excepted status positions and required to work, are entitled to be paid for work performed during the shutdown, and will be paid retroactively once the department receives additional funding. Congress would have to provide authority in order for the department to retroactively pay non-excepted employees for the furloughed period.

"Military retirees and annuitants are not paid from annually appropriated funds, and therefore their benefits should continue without interruption.

Re: Retirees will get their checks in the event of a shutdown of government.

I found the link .... It is true

http://www.defense.gov/releases/release.aspx?releaseid=14393

Re: Retirees will get their checks in the event of a shutdown of government.

Good work Hal.

Visits: